Mazdaspeed6 2.3L DI Turbo Oil Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been ecstatic with the Red Line 5w30. Turbo spools noticeably quicker, which is fun. It's not an oil that is covered under warranty requirements though, but I just couldn't go back after using it. I tried but the loss in turbo spool was too disheartening. I'm thinking of switching to Red Line 0w30 for non midsummer months though. But I do like the thicker 5w30 for peace of mind as this car is a fuel diluting shear monster turbo that beats on oil. Every oil I've ran other than RL was quickly turned into a 20 weight.

Mine's an 09 MS3 GT btw, different car, same motor. Love it!

Originally Posted By: shpankey
I've been ecstatic with the Red Line 5w30. Turbo spools noticeably quicker, which is fun. It's not an oil that is covered under warranty requirements though, but I just couldn't go back after using it. I tried but the loss in turbo spool was too disheartening. I'm thinking of switching to Red Line 0w30 for non midsummer months though. But I do like the thicker 5w30 for peace of mind as this car is a fuel diluting shear monster turbo that beats on oil. Every oil I've ran other than RL was quickly turned into a 20 weight.

Mine's an 09 MS3 GT btw, different car, same motor. Love it!

Why don't you think the 0w30 can withstand that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back