Mazda Sky Active GDI Engines : Intake Valve Deposits & Fuel Dilution Concerns ?

Thanks for the replies ! ... *How I arrived at the newer Mazda CX5 / CX9 : Hyundai / Kia 2.5L SUV's out of the running due to GDI engine design concerns with pistons resulting in oil usage , Toyota RAV 4 out of the running as engine is nothing special , has oil consumption issues -and loud) , Honda CRV (fuel dilution concerns) , no American SUV's under consideration . Mazda CX5 and CX9 a little smaller in cargo room than others but ticks most of all the right boxes and is fun to drive !

Thanks for the replies ! ... *How I arrived at the newer Mazda CX5 / CX9 : Hyundai / Kia 2.5L SUV's out of the running due to GDI engine design concerns with pistons resulting in oil usage , Toyota RAV 4 out of the running as engine is nothing special , has oil consumption issues -and loud) , Honda CRV (fuel dilution concerns) , no American SUV's under consideration . Mazda CX5 and CX9 a little smaller in cargo room than others but ticks most of all the right boxes and is fun to drive !
Makes sense, I really like the CX5 but it's just too small for use a our main family car. My 2022 CRV has no dilution issues FWIW. If you don't need the space I would say the CX5 is the way to go. They just look soooooo **** good!

Back