Mazda No. 1 in Consumer Reports 2020 auto reliability survey

The Japanese auto brand benefitted from being among the smallest and lacking capital to continually offer new multi-speed transmissions and infotainment gadgets, said Jake Fisher, senior director of auto testing for the magazine and website.

“A lot of times new technology gives us trouble,” Fisher said. “They're a little bit conservative when it comes to new technology.”

The Japanese auto brand benefitted from being among the smallest and lacking capital to continually offer new multi-speed transmissions and infotainment gadgets, said Jake Fisher, senior director of auto testing for the magazine and website.

“A lot of times new technology gives us trouble,” Fisher said. “They're a little bit conservative when it comes to new technology.”

It's been in the works for some time. Mazda is a serious player that contributes great mechanical tech, fine interiors, excellent driving dynamics and reliability. Well deserved Mazda.

As wemay stated, great mechanical tech, fine interiors, excellent driving dynamics and reliability. You're not going to win any races, but you'll get great driving dynamics. Their designs have been nice too.

My sister just bought a new CX-9. I really like it and cannot understand why they sell a million more highlanders/pilots..

Toyota and Honda have huge brand recognition. Mazda, not so much plus their dealer network is sparse in many parts of the USA.

My sister just bought a new CX-9. I really like it and cannot understand why they sell a million more highlanders/pilots..
I share that feeling. Why anyone buys a CR-V/Rav-4 over a CX-5 or a Pilot/Highlander over a CX-9 is beyond me. Mazda's drive better, get better economy, have more value per dollar, and are generally screwed together (from what I've seen in the field) vs. comparable Toyota or Honda offerings. The price alone should make them a contender.

I have never owned a Mazda and have barely pulled a wrench on one.
But I can tell you their owners love 'em.
I lusted over the RX7 and those early Mazdas with the Wankels.

Conrgats Mazda!

I share that feeling. Why anyone buys a CR-V/Rav-4 over a CX-5 or a Pilot/Highlander over a CX-9 is beyond me. Mazda's drive better, get better economy, have more value per dollar, and are generally screwed together (from what I've seen in the field) vs. comparable Toyota or Honda offerings. The price alone should make them a contender.
Size matters......CX-5 is nicer but small.

I would like to see what people think of them in a few years once the rust sets in. I cant remember any vehicle worse for rust than a Mazda.

Size matters......CX-5 is nicer but small.

Not everyone wants a large vehicle. I don’t.

Many vehicles in the 3 row segment are small. They are meant for occasional use. Most get them for the increased cargo capacity and never use the third row. It’s the flexibility that sells.

I would like to see what people think of them in a few years once the rust sets in. I cant remember any vehicle worse for rust than a Mazda.

Mine has no rust. I just watched a video that my dealer did during the inspection the other day. Included in the video was the inspection of the engine bay. A nice touch I thought.

Back