Maxlife VW 2.0L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you run Maxlife 5W30 in a 97 Jetta 2.0L? My wifes Jetta has 100K. Since Maxlife is alittle more robust and alittle bit thicker i though the 2.0L would benefit from it since they like thicker oils.

I would run it in that VW in a heartbeat. It's great oil. The 2.0L might "like" a thicker oil, but it also does just fine on __W30 oils.

Sticker EPA is 29 mpg, with a tune up and Auto Rx i was able to get 33-34 mpg. Not bad for a 11 year old car with 100K. Love the car but hate the transmission.

My Mom has a 1996 Passat 2.0 and I'm running MaxLife Synth (A3) out to a year. This winter, I'm going to a 5w-30 blend because she does all short trips and does not burn oil. fwiw, it's a great car.

Originally Posted By: Drivebelt
Quote:
Love the car but hate the transmission.

Does the VW have a manual or auto transmission?

Auto.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
My Mom has a 1996 Passat 2.0 and I'm running MaxLife Synth (A3) out to a year. This winter, I'm going to a 5w-30 blend because she does all short trips and does not burn oil. fwiw, it's a great car.

Fantastic. Im glad i can still use maintence doses of Auto Rx as well...i though you cant use it with HM oils but part of the maintence program you can. How does the engine sound?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back