Marathon stations now Casey's

Didn't know where to put this???
Noticed all the Marathons have been closing down and reopening as Casey's in my area of the world. I did some searching though and found a article on it. Seems the midwestern company is spreading across the country.

In September 2021, Casey's purchased 38 Pilot Food Mart locations and two truck stop locations from Pilot Corporation. The locations, located in East Tennessee around the Knoxville area, were owned by the Haslam family outright and not part of the company's national truck stop chain jointly-owned by Pilot, Berkshire Hathaway, and FJ Management.
In August 2023, Casey's purchased 63 Minit Mart and Certified Oil locations in Kentucky and Middle Tennessee, with plans to convert those stores into Casey's locations.
In November 2023, Caseys has announced plans to expand into Texas with the purchase of 22 convenience stores mainly in North Texas.

Casey's are taking over the world! Quite a few in the Kansas City area that were Phillips 66 are now Casey's, just in the last couple of months.

We had a Casey's in my small town since about 1980 or so. Now the town where I live, replaced the old store with a new one.
Much improved with a new bigger store. They have good pizza here, best in town.

Around me, all the P66s closed and about half reopened as Marathons, the other half as ARCOs, which is really odd because I’m in Indiana. If they were going for consistent branding they sure screwed the pooch on that.

They've been building new buildings in my area. I'll assume that it was cheaper for them to buy existing buildings to convert over to Casey's in those areas than to build new ones.

Last edited:
Casey's here used to have broasted chicken. I miss those days. It was good chicken. I suppose somebody got burned with oil and they dropped it.
Wish they had top tier fuel. They miss out on my gas purchases due to that.
I go to Phillip's 66 down the road for fuel.

I've only seen two Casey's in my area, one is a new building, and the most recent one was previously a BP station, and there's a Marathon right down the road from it.

Honestly the only reason i went to Marathon is for the Godfather's pizza. I buy my fuel at the VP station.
Many years ago I knew someone that was the manager of Casey's but the other older lady that fixed the pizzas was a chain smoker. I ordered pizza one time and quickly refunded it bc the lady was having those smoker caughf meltdowns while she was making the 🍕. Moral of story is Stay aware.

In September 2021, Casey's purchased 38 Pilot Food Mart locations and two truck stop locations from Pilot Corporation. The locations, located in East Tennessee around the Knoxville area, were owned by the Haslam family outright and not part of the company's national truck stop chain jointly-owned by Pilot, Berkshire Hathaway, and FJ Management.
we have standalone Purpose built Casey's in my area, but before Finishing that particular part of the OP, I started to wonder about Nearby Beaverdam, OH. ( Intersection of I-75 & US30)
I was wondering, because they have a Flying J, and a Pilot right across from each other.. (Obviously from before the merger).. wondered if one would get converted to a Casey's.... but no... they're both part of the latter group...

About 4 years ago I was in Dayton Ohio and filled up at a Marathon that had Toptier stickers on all the pumps, no Marathon here in Central Pennsylvania, Toptier here is ExxonMobil, Shell, Sunoco and recently, Rutters. We had a Valero off 81 in Grantville, closed during the pandemic. Locally, all the Hess stations apparently sold out to Speedway, also not Toptier. Speedway also seems to be the highest prices consistently. It's hard to compare prices locally with national averages as we have, I believe, the second highest gas tax in the country
Forgot Costco, but I won't pay a membership fee to wait in line to buy gas, they are also not conveniently located.

Last edited:
So far, these appear to be regional franchise location buyouts and conversions, not national.

There are several Marathon stations around me. I like them because of the TopTier gas.
If that goes away, I won't be using Caseys.
Don’t blame you. I only use Casey’s when I’m mixing my 36-gallon tank in the truck to an E30 blend, since their E85 can usually be had for around $1 less per gallon than 87 octane. It’s just a guess since I’m no fuel chemist, but I think the 30% ethanol outcleans the additives in TopTier gas. I will occasionally hit my tank with some Redline SI-1 (although now I’m using @High Performance Lubricants Fuel System Cleaner) as well. My 75k OEM plugs looked cleaner than many 30k EcoBoost plugs I’ve seen; that’s what I’m basing my claim off of even if it may be spurious, since I can’t assign any other factors to their cleanliness outside of the JLT catch can that’s been present since 24k miles. 👍🏻

So far, these appear to be regional franchise location buyouts and conversions, not national.

There are several Marathon stations around me. I like them because of the TopTier gas.
If that goes away, I won't be using Caseys.
Same here. Anytime Casey's buys out stations the trend is for fuel prices to increase.

Back