Man held in alleged theft of 24 quarts of oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
A 35-year-old man has been arrested after allegedly trying to flee the Costco in Burbank with 24 quarts of oil stuffed in his clothes and strapped to his body, police said.

Jorge Sanchez of South Gate was spotted about 4:30 p.m. Thursday allegedly trying to leave the store without paying for merchandise and was chased by loss prevention officers, who lost him when he hopped over the chain-link fence at the west side of the lot, Burbank police Sgt. Darin Ryburn told the Burbank Leader.

Several quarts of oil that allegedly fell out of Sanchez’s clothing during the foot chase were recovered by store employees.

Burbank officers found Sanchez near Monterey Avenue and Beachwood Drive, where he was arrested on suspicion of burglary, according to police.

According to police reports, officers discovered several Bungee cords wrapped around both of Sanchez's legs and his waist. Police believe he used the cords to hold the bottles of oil inside his clothing.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/24-quarts-of-oil-stuffed-under-clothes.html

WOW... Does he not know of FAR oil deals? Goodness gracious
33.gif

It wasn't me,JK.It must have been the same dude who swap expensive filters with cheaper ones at Walmart.Low life dumb acts,Period.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jdawg89
He sounds mexian,need I say more?

Shouldn't have even said that. What does that have to do with anything.
I saw a white guy stealing Lucas oil stabilizer at Walmart the other day. I told him about it being junk and just use slightly thicker oil,so he puts it back and starts stuffing German castrol in his sleeve.
I don't know if he was caught. He was stuffing right in front of the cameras.
Point being thieves come in all colours.

Could you elaborate.......
Not sure.... what you're trying to say....?

True, if he were a redneck he would have used duck tape rather than bungee cords, and gotten away with ALL of the 24 quarts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TJPark01

Several quarts of oil that allegedly fell out of Sanchez’s clothing

Are you supposed to put allegedly in every sentence these days?

He would have gotten away with it it if he went to walmart and started chucking the bottles through the fence in the lawn & garden "cage". Park a pickup truck on the other side or whatever.

Reminds me of those guys that was stealing gas. They had a big semi truck with a tank on the back. They would just drive over the fill cap, shove a hose down in the tank and start sucking it out.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2009/may/26/thieves-using-tankers-steal-gas-bulk-ar-85579/?referer=None&shorturl=http://tbo.ly/iTxv1I

The thief actually had a pretty good plan wrapping all the oil bottles inside his clothes strapped all over his body with the bungee cords. Disguising himself as the Michelin Man, otherwise known as Bibendum, he should have been able to slip out of the Costco's auto and tire dept.'s backdoor without anyone suspecting he was really a thief in disguise impersonating the real Bibendum.

Originally Posted By: TJPark01
A 35-year-old man has been arrested after allegedly trying to flee the Costco in Burbank with 24 quarts of oil stuffed in his clothes and strapped to his body, police said.

Wow, that's one slippery customer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back