Mahle quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subaru customer service told me Mahle was the "supplier" (didn't say "manufacturer") of Subaru air filters. Anybody know anything about Mahle's quality? Do they generally produce or supply high quality products? According to their website they are big around the world.

Just asking because I am needing to replace my '02 Outback air filter and trying to decide between the ACDelco and the OEM filter.

Thanks,
Bob A.

Mahle products, from their filters to their racing pistons, are top quality. What they make themselves, and what they have made to their specs, I don't know.

My next oil change is due next month and I'll have 10 000 Kms (6300 Miles) on the oil and air filter. I will be sure to inspect everything thoroughly.

A Mahle oil filter at Rockauto.com is only $2.46 for the 2.5L Outback, $2.46 for the 3.0L Outback.

I guess they don't sell Mahle air filters at Rockauto.com. Thought I was on to something there.

Moribundman:

Based on what you've said, my guess is whatever Mahle sells with their name on it, whether manufactured by them or by a sub-mfr., is probably top quality. I think I'll stick with the OEM model.

I do have a line on an ACDelco air filter also and am interested in it because I read a report presented on BITOG of a study comparing air filters from numerous after-market companies. The study purportedly was conducted by an independent group, so it has credibility from the standpoint that there were likely no conflicting interests involved. The study procedures appear to be solid also.

In short, the ACDelco was superior in filtration to all of the others, followed by Baldwin's model, which was O.K., but not nearly as effective. Consequently, my interest in the ACDelco has been piqued.

The study link is:

http://home.usadatanet.net/7Ejbplock/ISO5011/SPICER.htm

Thanks for your response.

Bob A.

PMWalter:

When I read your first line, I was going to be excited about the prospect for an air filter, but, no such luck. Thanks for looking into it.

Bob A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back