Mag 1 synthetic ATF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it! Mag 1 Synthetic ATF is awesome!

They have a regular Dexron-III type ATF (Toyota T-IV/3309, Z1, SP-III, etc)

They also have a Low-Vis version (DW1, WS, Dexron-VI, Mercon LV, etc)

Both for under $30 for a case of 6. If you prefer to buy locally, Pep Boys sells the Low-Vis version for $5.99, which is still a somewhat fair price.

Awesome price for a great product.

I really feel as though Mag 1 and Peak are the two most under rated lubricants on the market.

Until last Wednesday when I picked up my Jeep at the local transmission shop, I never heard of it. Just had a reman AW4 installed and it was supplied with Mobil 1. I inquired about other brands of synthetic ATF for fluid changes and he showed me the Mag 1. Looked it up on the web and found some good reviews by users. Curious why it's never been mentioned on BITOG. Maybe it's fairly new.

Mag 1 is a brand of Warren Distribution, the outfit that makes WalMart's SuperTech line of oils. It might come out of the same vat....

Anyway, making any oil product is easy. You buy the necessary base oil, the additive package for that base oil that is listed for the spec you want, mix it together and bottle it. Everything is spec'ed out and available for purchase from the base oil refiners and the additive makers. All of us here know that there are different quality levels (prices) of base oils even within the Groups, and that there are different quality levels (prices) of the additive packages even within each spec.

Are Mag 1 products better than SuperTech? We don't know. They probably meet the spec for the specs they were intended to meet, and are close enough for the "recommended" specs that the machinery won't blow up. Will they give superior performance when stressed very hard?--most people wouldn't know one way or another.

Thanks for the replies. I am now much more informed.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back