Lucas X-tra heavy Duty Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering the opinions on the experts. I can get a pretty good deal on cases of the Lucas X-Tras Heavy Duty Grease Its not the Red N Tacky. Is this as good of a product for all uses? Wheel Bearings, chassis, mower blade deck spindles, please let me know.

I know that the tackiness makes it a pain in the butt to work with when you are trying to grease something quickly to get it back in service. Too many stringers are formed even with this formula. As far as protection goes if it is rated for wheel bearing use and chassis lube you'll be fine for your application. I can't remember if this grease washed out though. I ended up switching my guys over to the amsoil water resistant grease because it held tight and was easier to work with. If you can get a good deal on the Lucas, work with it well and it's dual rated I say just go for the good deal then.

Last edited:
http://www.lucasoil.com/images/medialibrary/xtra_hd_grease.pdf

Quote:
Today's Tip: Grease Resists Oxidation from noria lube-tips

Polyurea greases have very good oxidation resistance, because they don't contain metal soaps (such as calcium, lithium, etc.) which are pro-oxidants to varying degrees. They are therefore widely used in lubed-for-life bearings.

the green lucas x-tra heavy duty is polyurea grease, so yes it is good for most anything especially stuff that is sealed. If it's a part that's exposed to the environment then there are probably better greases but if you don't mind having to relube more frequently and cost isn't a factor then it should work fine.
It's GC-LB rated so it's good for chasis and wheel bearing lubrication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back