Can't find Lucas extra heavey duty grease

Greetings Oilmen.

I use Lucas extra heavy duty grease in my mower spindles and some Ag equipment. It used to be available at Walmart. Now all they have is the Red'nTacky. Walmart worker says it's a distributor issue. Doesn't know when they'll have it in again. The cheapest on ebay is $24/tube.

It's a polyurea base grease so changing back to lithium would be tedious. Does anybody know where to get this stuff or what happened to it?

Thanks.
Nibbana

Some of the auto parts stores still seem to have it. Someone else on here had ordered a bunch of it from Oreillys recently.

Polyurea grease is kinda scarce right now because of the chemtool plant fire a couple years ago.

Some of the auto parts stores still seem to have it. Someone else on here had ordered a bunch of it from Oreillys recently.

Polyurea grease is kinda scarce right now because of the chemtool plant fire a couple years ago.

It does seem to be available at O'Reilly's. $9.99

try Mystik JT-6 high temp,red grease,would work good for lawn mower spindles, its available may places including wall-mart or certain farm type stores,or order out schaeffers 274 , has moly in it

try Mystik JT-6 high temp,red grease,would work good for lawn mower spindles, its available may places including wall-mart or certain farm type stores,or order out schaeffers 274 , has moly in it
It has to be polyurea base or it won't be compatible with what I have in there. Mystic website says this is lithium complex.

I searched around my area. AutoZone 45 minutes away has 1 tube allegedly. Do you have a Kubota tractor dealer around?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231126-085841.jpg
    Screenshot_20231126-085841.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 9
I looked everywhere for this stuff in Canada a couple weeks ago but in the end I gave up and got something else. Seems to be a shortage for some reason.

Apparently there have been a series of things contributing to a general shortage of grease supplies. The most spectacular was a huge fire at a ChemTool plant in Illinois in 2021.

I emailed Lucas. They responded and said they have "experienced a massive raw material shortage". I can only guess from that ChemTool fire.

Here's their response.

"Good and thanks for the question. Be assured Lucas Oil product has not discontinued this item we are still making it but just not as much as we once were able to. We have experienced a massive raw material shortage that is causing our inability to keep this product on the shelf. We are working daily to correct this issue and be assured in the near future we will have this corrected. Thanks for understanding this situation and keep your eyes out for this product to come back in full force soon."

The Kubota referenced above says "compatible with most other greases". My understanding was that polyurea and lithium were strictly incompatible. Anyway, hopefully the stuff will be back on WalMart shelves at WalMart prices soon. AFAIK, O'Reilly's has it now.

I could be wrong but I don't think you will see any on walmart shelves for awhile. Most of these places have been out of it for over a year now and from what I understand polyurea production in north america is still very limited right now. If you only need a tube or two I'd order from Oreillys. If they don't have it in store they can have it ordered in for you from other branches. Other than that John Deere or Kubota would be your next best bet.

And of course I use the world's rarest grease now, just my luck. Been checking stores around here in SC and this one is nowhere to be found. I really don't want to pay $25 a tube.

check a Schaeffers dealer for the 278 grease,its poly based or their on line store it should be compatable,Mobil also makes a poly grease,you may try a electric motor repair shop as its often used in motor bearings

And of course I use the world's rarest grease now, just my luck. Been checking stores around here in SC and this one is nowhere to be found. I really don't want to pay $25 a tube.
Either have Oreillys order you some in or find some John Deere SD Polyurea.

Back