Lubrication Engineers Products - Anyone Tried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my understanding that Lubrication Engineers, Inc. out of Ft. Worth puts out some reputable and well respected products. If so, why isn't anyone talking about them on this board? I could not find any UAO's.

There is one oil which caught my eye - Their 10W30, called Lubrication Engineers 8130. It is listed with a 3.7 HT/HS. This is higher than both GC and any Mobil 1 30 wt. Since it has a low 11.5 viscosity @ 100C, I would think that anyone who says GC makes their engine "sluggish", would be all over this oil (hint, Honda & Acura owners). Listed viscosity @ 40C is 77.3.

I don't know of another oil with a HT/HS over 3.5 (excluding high mileage oils), with a 100C viscosity as low as 11.5. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I was quoted $145 + $17 shipping for a case of 24.

LE uses a GrpII basestock, right?
You gotta love the ruby red color.

http://www.infineum.com/information/consumer.html
Any ACEA A3/B3/B4 oil will have a HTHS higher than 3.5.
Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic 5W30 or 10W30 meets ACEA A3/B3/B4. Redline 30wt has a HTHS higher than 3.5, and M1 0W40 is almost a 30wt with a ACEA A3 rating. Motorcraft and Tropartic (Conoco, Kendall, etc) 5W30 or 10W30 blend might be close to a 3.5 HTHS?

The last I heard was that LE 8130 was 70% PAO/30% Grp II+. It's an HDEO that was SH rated up until last spring. They reformulated by dropping the P and adding liquid moly to meet SL/SM requirements. I have been interested in this product for almost 4 years, but have never tried it. I use their mineral based gear lube, LE 607, in my rear diffs. LE 607 is now reformulated LE 1605 (SAE 110 GL5).
I think the reason most people on BITOG don't know much about their products is because of the way they markewt and distribute. They are setup to market and provide excellent products to industry and large fleets exclusively. For example, if I wnated to order the minimum purchase of LE 1605, I would have to purchase a case of 32 quarts. It would take me a long time to go through 32 quarts of SAE 110 gear oil. Luckily, there is an online source for this product that I can buy by the quart.

That's why my old work stopped carrying it, boss couldn't afford to stock that much. I just remember reading on here that LE has a strong addditive package. From what you say that sounds right.
What website sells it onesie-twosie?

Well, I bit the bullet and bought a case (24 quarts) of LE 8130 and picked it up at the LE warehouse in Wichita, KS, on the way back from South Dakota this week. On the bottle label, it has the name, Monolec Ultrablend Engine Oil SAE 10W30. Says exceeds performance requirements for gasoline and diesel engines API Service CJ-4/SM. It also has the API circle for CJ-4/SM. What I found very interesting was the first comment written on the back label:

"No other brand of petroleum lubricating oil whatsoever, regardless of price, will be found superior in condition to MONOLEC ENGINE OIL at the end of any given period of use."

I guess we'll see!

Quote:
"No other brand of petroleum lubricating oil whatsoever, regardless of price, will be found superior in condition to MONOLEC ENGINE OIL at the end of any given period of use."

(assume some appropriate accent ..and maybe envision some bench outside an old style gas station ..or store)

That's a pretty big check they're writin' thar. I hope you can cash it.

Can we assume that UOA is going to follow this oil in your use??

Yes, there will be UOA's to follow. If it weren't for a couple of respected Triboligists suggesting that this could possibly be one of the best engine oils on the market, I wouldn't have forked out $139 for a case of it.

I have 18 quarts of Amsoil ASM 0W20, this is Possibly one of the best engine oils on the market!!

Send me a pm and I will send you the payment address

blush.gif

LE may or may not live up to it's claims, but is their "braggin'" any more strident than Amsoil's? What we don't have here at BITOG is the large database on LE products that we do on Amsoil. For all we know LE IS better! Or at least as good. There isn't enough evidence here to make a judgement either way.

Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
I have 18 quarts of Amsoil ASM 0W20, this is Possibly one of the best engine oils on the market!!

Send me a pm and I will send you the payment address

blush.gif

I didn't realize you were an independent Triboligist, but will keep you in mind when I start shopping for 0W20 engine oil.
LOL.gif

I hope that it's all that it says it is. Many oils claim this or that ..all of it true ...but typically not the whole truth. You know the marketing theme that says "90% of all wear occurs at startup!" ..but this is the first time that I've ever seen this type of claim.

Maybe this would be a challenge for RI_RS4 ...put it head to head with RLI.

All the fire trucks and ambulances here in the 'nations capital' use LE. If you look at the TFOUT and FALEX tests LE is always the best or close to it. A superior product from a superior oil company imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back