lubricant for leatherman tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you guys think would be the best lube for a leatherman charge tti? i dropped it in a pile of thinset from some open bags....dont ask.....and ive got it very clean with wd40. Its actually almost like new again, however some of the tools dont open as smoothly as new. Im pretty certain theres no thinset in the joints as i cant hear any grinding of scratching or anything anymore. Just wondering what everyone else uses on their leathermans.

I use gun oil. Break Free CLP or Weapons Shield CLP, or EEzox, or G96 or Tetra, or ...

Spray the [censored] out of it with brake cleaner then oil it. I would use whatever I had on hand for guns. It is a multi tool. The type of oil is meaningless because they will all work as well as needed.

I'm a big fan of Break Free CLP. I have an older Leatherman that was giving me a hard time. After a dose of CLP, it opened and closed with no problem.

I've been using Amsoil MP on my knives and it seems to work really well. It dries to a thin wax so it doesn't get pocket junk stuck to it and it doesn't smell strong like CLP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back