Luberfiner Specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where else to put this so move if if it needs to be moved.

Luberfiner spin on fuel filter # LFF5. Whats the micron rating? The Luberfiner site does have length, gallons per hr etc but no micron stuff.

Ideas?

Most of them are 10um ..at least those that I've seen the spec's for
dunno.gif

I did a little research through Luber-finer and the micron rating for the LFF5 is 99.5% removal effiency at 10-20 micron

i know this is an old thread...but anyone knows who makes the better filter...

Luber-Finer or Donaldson??

If money is not an issue.... but in general which company has technological edge? both of these companies are into making heavy duty filters for industrial usage machines, trucks etc!

Gary Allan, does Amsoil deals with Luber-Finer?

The only filter that I "think" is sold by Amsoil that's a rebadged Luber-Finer (who knows - maybe the LF is a rebadged EaBP?) is the LPF 9750. Same size filter ..identical mount. Same thread ..etc..etc.

As far as technological edge, good question. Neither is going to let the other be too far out in front without pulling something new out of their behind to trump it ..or at least compete with it.

Donaldson, in my opinion, has the hydraulic end of the market well in hand. I'd say that they had a serious edge on the OTR/HD for a good while. I imagine others have caught up.
21.gif

Thanks Gary, basically from your post it looks overall Donaldson may still have a slight technological edge.

Everything I have come across so far in my search and also what I have heard about Donaldson's, their oil filters are highly regarded. I wanted to see what BITOG have to about it.

Gary, so between Donaldson and Luber-Finer...Donaldson is ahead so what about Baldwin and Fleetguard (FRAM)?

Or they all are very good and cost should be the deciding factor?

This is the way my mind rates

Donaldson
Baldwin
Luber-Finer
Fleetguard

More good questions.

I'd say that over the broad span of their offerings, Donaldson is out in front by a decent edge. No filter manufacture commands any lead in all sectors of all markets.

Many decisions on a filter supplier selection on a fleet basis aren't based on ultimate performance ..nor on costs (per se~) but how the supplier can fit the needs of the customer. I learned this from a supplier to the school bus parts trade. The quality of the tail pipe wasn't as important as how fast I could get a replacement due to the driver backing into something on a weekly basis.

..but as far as Donaldson being ahead, as I've said, depends on what you're looking for. For passenger cars ..I think that they "also ran". On heavy duty, they've got a premier line with the Endurance line. Hard to top. In bypass filtration, I'd say that L-F has a great product if you're an OTR type...as does a number of manufacturers ..including Amsoil.

So what are you looking for in particular?

Just trying to figure out who got the most advanced technology and whose filters are better designed when it comes to (Heavy Duty and/or Extended Drain) Oil filters!

Because I can get Donaldson and Luberfiner locally perhaps even Fleetguard for a lot cheaper than what K&N and FRAM Extended guard are sold for here in Canada ($13-$16).

Amsoil Ea0 filters are excellent but the person I am trying to find this out for and the cars I am looking to get these filters on will not be seeing ultra extended OCI's.

I have Amsoil EaO filter on my personal Jetta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back