Lubeguard red or black for addition to a FM ATF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
I have faith and add Lubegard to ALL ATFs.

I do wish that they would simple sell the LXE base to consumers.

They do.

But then one has to know how to properly formulate those esters in a product.

Originally Posted By: engineer20
Is there a lubegard or lubegard equivalent for cvts such as for the rogue I referred to?...

CVT's rely on special "traction" additives whereas the LubeGard fluid conversion series uses special friction modifiers.

You really don't want to modify the traction coefficients nor the friction coefficients.

Lubegard CVT

I would have to see some fairly comprehensive test results in order to even begin to take this product at all seriously.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Lubegard CVT

I would have to see some fairly comprehensive test results in order to even begin to take this product at all seriously.

So would I.
grin2.gif

i also saw at napa auto parts, there was lubegard purple for power steering fluid
since my camry takes dexron or an ATF which isn't its ATF, but GMs, ironically (though i bought maxlife, so it is used for my PS and will be used for my tranny fluid, the current fill is from a quick lube place and i'll be draining and filling it with maxlife soon).

Anyways, should I add the purple to my PS reservoir, or do I add lubegard red to my PS reservoir since it's tranny fluid? but then it's not an ATF and is a PS system, so i'm confused, use PS lubegard for the PS, or use lubegard red ATF for the PS since the fluid is ATF?

basically, is it system-dependent, or fluid-dependent?

any other lubegards out there I don't know of like blue, or green, or anything else?

i saw a purple today for power steering fluid

i see, there is Lubegard CVT fluid, but the nissan says USE ONLY NISSAN fluid, so would this work?

i was looking more for an additive for CVTs, namely nissan CVTs, like the lubegard red, rather than lubegard tranny fluid, if you know what I mean, an additive like the red (the red can't be used as tranny fluid alone, unlike the lubegard cvt you guys suggested)

Suitable for all CVT designs – both push belt and chain CVTs
http://www.aftonchemical.com/Solutions/DriveAdd/Pages/ContinuouslyVariableTransmission.aspx

http://drivelinenews.com/LUB013/documents/CVT10-PDS.pdf

Amalie, Amsoil, Redline, Eneos, Lubegard, Cam2, Peak, Smartblend, BG, Smittys, Mag1, Advantage, Wynns, .... have a lot at stake if the CVTs using their fluids all start failing.

This does not compute or equate.

These are commercial additives listed above, not Third Party additives like LubeGard.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: engineer20
i see, there is Lubegard CVT fluid, but the nissan says USE ONLY NISSAN fluid, so would this work?

i was looking more for an additive for CVTs, namely nissan CVTs, like the lubegard red, rather than lubegard tranny fluid, if you know what I mean, an additive like the red (the red can't be used as tranny fluid alone, unlike the lubegard cvt you guys suggested)

Use the Nissan CVT fluid.

None of the Third Party additives will guarantee longer transmission life.

What did the major blenders leave out of their formulations that require LubeGard or similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back