Lube Job on History Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see this last night. I did not but I have heard about it

Dealers who were watching The History Channel on Wednesday August 10 received a nice surprise. AMSOIL President and Founder A.J. Amatuzio was recognized for his achievements in the development of synthetic motor oil. During a segment of the show Modern Marvels, Lt. Col. Amatuzio was credited for his pioneer work and the development of his “history making oil.” The segment highlighted part of the rationale behind the oil's development and featured footage from AMSOIL manufacturing including our bottling line and first can of AMZOIL.

Dealers interested in obtaining a copy of the program on DVD can go to: The History Channel Ordering Page

The fifty minute program, Lube Job, will be available for purchase on September 22, 2005.

Lube Job

I watched it and noticed before the show started a glimpse of an unmistakable Amsoil bottle.

Pretty decent program. I was suprised that no one from Amsoil was interviewed?
Also suprised that Mobil 1 was not represented, or even mentioned for its part in marketing Mobil 1?

I saw part of it, the part I saw was about air lubrication, you heard it right, "AIR" lubrication. These guys were design turbine shaft using forced in air layer as lubrication! The turbine was shown on TV, very impressive!

Bob is going to be the "air guy" soon...

quote:

Originally posted by Humphrey:
I saw part of it, the part I saw was about air lubrication, you heard it right, "AIR" lubrication. These guys were design turbine shaft using forced in air layer as lubrication! The turbine was shown on TV, very impressive!

Bob is going to be the "air guy" soon...

The 0W-20cult will of course use helum instead of air.
grin.gif

"The 0W-20 cult will of course use helum instead of air."
grin.gif

lol.gif

Hehe, of course!

The show was "OK" ... but could have been better. The producers needed to spend more time here before researching this show.
wink.gif

--- Bror Jace

quote:

I was suprised that no one from Amsoil was interviewed?

Maybe they could have trashed talked Moly some more or informed the viewer that "the smaller the wear scar the better!"
lol.gif

I liked the segment on WD-40. I didn't know the history of it, but was very interesting.

I think it helped educate me and others on the complex nature of our interesting lube world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back