Looks like I'll be doing more shopping at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mystic
The thing I didn't like about this post was how it quickly got out of hand and some people turned it into a bash Wal-Mart shopper post. Most people I know at least occasionally shop at Wal-Mart. There is no 'typical' Wal-Mart shopper.

And if somebody showed up at my local Wal-Mart Store shopping and carrying an AR-15 I bet the store management would call the Sheriff's Office. That person would be explaining to sheriff's deputies why they felt it was necessary to carry an AR-15 while they shopped.

Like various people here have said-it makes so sense to antagonize people and give pro-gun people a bad name. Things are not so bad in this country that a person typically needs to carry their AR-15 or AK-47 around as they shop. I do not support the people in Texas carrying rifles to make a point about open carry.

There was even a racial remark made in this post in one of the replies that probably would have gotten somebody banned if it had been directed at minorities.

Target seems somewhat similar to me as Wal-Mart. For some reason I simply have not gone to the Target Store for a very long time. And I am glad I have not been to Target for a long time because of the customer data hacking situation that occurred a while back. My not going to Target had nothing to do with Target apparently being against open carry guns in their stores. Maybe they have signs at the doors but since I have not been to Target in a long time I don't know if there are signs or not. I simply have not shopped there for a long time and because of the hacking situation I will probably hesitate to shop there.

I feel we need to get beyond the insane pro-gun and anti-gun hysteria in this country and look at issues like mental health.

I totally agree with you concerning Walmart. What kind've people shop at Walmart? SMART people....people who want the most for their hard earned money,who want the best value,the best selection,and I always get excellent customer service there. There's just as much trash and scum at Nordstrom's,Macy's,Dillard's,etc. I used to work at a clothing store at a mall years ago. I bet we got the trashiest of the population in there. I know because we'd always catch them stealing,AND internally,which means trashy employees as well. I may make jokes about people watching at Walmart,but go to the upscale malls and it's just as entertaining.

I agree with you completely about Dillard's. They are more expensive than Wal-Mart and I have heard of a lot of problems at our local store. Maybe it is just the local store-I am not trying to make some sort of statement about Dillard's in general. I went there a few times and I did not really see anything so special about it. Higher prices and that is just about it.

I really don't like to go shopping and I only go when I have to. I go to whatever store I think I need to go to for whatever I need. Like for hardware items Lowes or Home Depot or even Sears for some stuff.

For common items that do not need to be expensive I will often go to Wal-Mart or K-Mart. Target takes more time to go to and because of the hacking situation a while back I hesitate to go there.

Recently for some items like shirts I have been going to Bass Pro Shop. If a person shops carefully you can get a truly high quality shirt for not too much money. I get tired of the cheap made shirts that are never long enough.

Over a long enough period of time a person discovers the best stores to go to for the best prices depending on what you want to get. For example I don't worry that much about a T-shirt but I like for a shirt to fit right and last.

But getting back to this post I have never seen anybody carrying an AR-15 yet in any of these stores. Dillard's or Wal-Mart.

I wonder what would happen, if those guys carrying AK type weapons in the store were of Middle East descent and were moving quickly??
12.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: hatt
I totally agree with the posters who are saying those who walk through stores/businesses with rifles strapped on them are morons,because they're exactly that. Inbred looking,white trash morons. If you're going to carry a weapon,please conduct yourself as an educated,mature,grown up adult PLEASE.

Open carry imo should only include licensed handgun owners carrying them holstered. If they`re waving them around or flaunting them like idiots,they should be arrested.

I get so tired of hearing this nonsense. They're open carrying long guns because long guns are legal to open carry. What they're fighting for is handgun open carry. The options are: do nothing, open carry handguns illegally, open carry long guns legally. Doing nothing clearly isn't going to accomplish anything. And I'm sure all you anti-gun NRA types would be all over them if they did anything illegal. You guys sit on the sidelines and watch. You don't matter.

What the [censored] are you going on about??

What's hard to understand? Rifles are the only thing they can carry to legally make a statement.

I totally agree with the posters who are saying those who walk through stores/businesses with rifles strapped on them are morons,because they're exactly that. Inbred looking,white trash morons. If you're going to carry a weapon,please conduct yourself as an educated,mature,grown up adult PLEASE.

Open carry imo should only include licensed handgun owners carrying them holstered. If they`re waving them around or flaunting them like idiots,they should be arrested.

I get so tired of hearing this nonsense. They're open carrying long guns because long guns are legal to open carry. What they're fighting for is handgun open carry. The options are: do nothing, open carry handguns illegally, open carry long guns legally. Doing nothing clearly isn't going to accomplish anything. And I'm sure all you anti-gun NRA types would be all over them if they did anything illegal. You guys sit on the sidelines and watch. You don't matter.

What the [censored] are you going on about??

What's hard to understand? Rifles are the only thing they can carry to legally make a statement.

You said I'm anti NRA and anti gun. I challenge you to do a screen name search on me and all my posts and please quote/highlight any and all of my anti NRA and anti gun posts.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Not a problem for me at all.

I dumped Target years ago over their stand regarding the Boy Scouts and the Salvation Army Bell Ringers at Christmas time.

+1

I go to Target occasionally. but, beyond their past policies against BSA and Salvation Army bell ringers, I don't care for shopping in a Target. Very poor selection and over priced. Some will claim the reason Target prices are higher is because they carry a higher quality product than their competition, but I've never seen any evidence to show that.

But, to the subject at hand, I really don't understand what kind of idiot would want to walk around with an assault gun, or any long gun, or any gun for that matter, in open display in any store, except perhaps a sporting goods store or a gun store. Do they really have that small of testicles that they need some other means to feel some level of manliness? Or are do they have anger management issues, and are looking for a fight? Perhaps it is a deep rooted need for attention.

I love guns. I take my wife for a date night to the range several times a year, and we enjoy some fun competition. So don't take me wrong. I'm not a gun hater. I am, however, a stupid hater.

Personally, I totally understand the reasoning behind Target's respectful request. When shopping with my wife, or my granddaughter, or other loved ones, I really don't want to be around someone that is walking around with an AK-47 over their shoulder. I cherish gun rights as an important element of our continued freedom, including the right to open carry in public. But to what purpose is there to open carry in places of business? Are these people actually on the side of the gun control people? Because they are doing nothing to help the cause of those that want to protect our freedoms.

Originally Posted By: strat81
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

I'm always intrigued by these facts regarding gun violence by state, given the data which shows the states with strict controls, vs., say, SC or FL. A personal analysis for safety, by the numbers, Im a bit safer in NJ than in PA, which has far more lax rules.

1000px-US_Violent_Crime_2004.svg.png

Map of violent crime per 100,000 people in the USA by state in 2004.

From here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States

What's interesting to me is that many southern states with lax laws are also less safe.

How do you explain ND and MD?

ND is easy to explain, population density. They never meet each other!

70,700 sq mi for 723,393 people.

MD? No clue.

Last edited:

You said I'm anti NRA and anti gun. I challenge you to do a screen name search on me and all my posts and please quote/highlight any and all of my anti NRA and anti gun posts.
I certainly never said you're anti NRA. You're certainly NRA. Mocking and degrading folks on the front lines fighting for gun Rights is anti-gun. Wanting a license requirement to exercise a Right is anti-gun. Sorry.

I certainly never said you're anti NRA. You're certainly NRA. Mocking and degrading folks on the front lines fighting for gun Rights is anti-gun. Wanting a license requirement to exercise a Right is anti-gun. Sorry.

Maybe so, maybe not. Look at that violent crime map for Florida that I posted above and tell me how exercising rights is working for you in Florida... In a word, poorly.

People have proven time and time again that they are irresponsible. Having a right does not remove the necessity of responsibility. Unfortunately a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch.

And you need to realize that being militant and angry and in your face to get any point across doesn't win hearts and minds, which is the issue...

Having a right does not remove the necessity of responsibility.

^^THIS. Well said JHZR2. I`m a VERY hardcore gun rights advocate. I`m a lifelong NRA member,I`m a CHL holder,and I keep a loaded handgun on my person and one holstered away in my car. BUT,I don`t walk around like Billy The Kid,or some crazy gunslinger,etc. Carrying takes a mature adult composure.

Carrying takes a mature adult composure.

So you're a mature, composed adult I take it?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Carrying takes a mature adult composure.

So you're a mature, composed adult I take it?
smile.gif

Eh,sometimes
grin.gif

And I'm sure all you anti-gun NRA types would be all over them if they did anything illegal.

So you would not be all over them if they did something Illegal?

Mocking and degrading folks on the front lines fighting for gun Rights is anti-gun. Wanting a license requirement to exercise a Right is anti-gun. Sorry.

Are you Fighting on the Front Lines?

What Front Lines are they exactly and what kind of fighting do you personally do?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: expat
If you carry concealed, who is to know?

If you have a gun and feel you have to use it, surly the scorn of to store manager is the least of your concerns.

Perhaps I'm missing something??

Well put. A gun should never really be shown unless it's time to use it.

Originally Posted By: eddy21
Originally Posted By: 123Saab
I'd rather not shop anywhere where idiots are openly carrying rifles just to make a point.

This garbage will eventually turn even more of the public against us law abiding gun owners/CCW holders.

Moronic.

target-1-630.jpg

Just picking up Oreo's for the Mensa meeting.

That's a good one. That guy probably doesn't even know how to spell Mensa.

Maybe so, maybe not. Look at that violent crime map for Florida that I posted above and tell me how exercising rights is working for you in Florida... In a word, poorly.

People have proven time and time again that they are irresponsible. Having a right does not remove the necessity of responsibility. Unfortunately a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch.

And you need to realize that being militant and angry and in your face to get any point across doesn't win hearts and minds, which is the issue...
Show me the pic of the militant and angry OCers? Pretty sure most/all of them asked permission before the "event." You know about as much of the OC story as you do with your map you've posted 25 times.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
And I'm sure all you anti-gun NRA types would be all over them if they did anything illegal.

So you would not be all over them if they did something Illegal?

No I'd support them. Freedom and stuff. You guys were going to bash them no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back