Looking for *large* digital photoframe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead, can I just find a cheap TV with USB support which can automatically run the slide show? Need at least 25" or more. This is "an order" from the "boss" for a big digital picture frame. The decent ones at semi-reasonable price are about $200 for 19". I suspect I can find a bigger flat panel TV for cheaper price but it will need lot of research. You guys might be able to help me out if you have a small TV and checking if it supports automatic slideshow if the USB stick with pictures is inserted.

My LG 60" Plasma will do exactly what you are trying to do so I have to think the smaller versions will too (LED, LCD, and Plasma). You should be able to check the tech specs online before purchasing to see if the TV is capable of displaying a slide show.

Good luck!

Do I need to purchase special wall mount kit? I don't think regular flat panel TV come with any hooks that would allow them to hang like a photo frame. Self-drilling hook probably is NOT the best of idea!

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Do I need to purchase special wall mount kit?

Yes, you will need a wall mount. Monoprice is a good source of reasonably priced wall mounts of all sizes. You will need to know the bolt pattern of the TV you choose to be able to select the matching wall mount.

I always thought that a digital picture of my family, that moved, in very much the same was as in the "Harry Potter" movies would be neat.

It would take a small video loop, that ran forwards to the end, then backwards. Or a clean break so it did not look jerky.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
I always thought that a digital picture of my family, that moved, in very much the same was as in the "Harry Potter" movies would be neat.

It would take a small video loop, that ran forwards to the end, then backwards. Or a clean break so it did not look jerky.

Add some motion sensors and a microcontroller so their gaze can follow you across the room. Creepy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back