Looking for a Franken mix UOA Mobil1/Redline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have a stash of 5w-30 Mobil 1 ep and 10w-30 redline, 6 qts each. I am toying with the idea of doing a mix of these oils though I am unsure as to the ratio I would do. This would go in a 96 Mustang GT with 68k on the odometer. The current fill is 10w-30 Mobil 1 ep. I have searched but have not found any UOA'S using this mix. Any opinions on this mix?

The Mustang really likes the 10w-30 Mobil 1EP. I had read some post or UOA awhile back with the combo returning really good results. I guess like others I am in search of the best oil for my car. Redline recently has piqued my interest and that is why I purchased it. I guess I am also looking for feedback from fellow members as well as to this possible combo. Still unsure of a possible mix ratio.

I'll just add this.

I used to be a big mobil 1 user and I used it in both my Explorer and Mustang.Then when they started changing their formulations,I grew tired of paying a premium for an oil that was no longer a premium oil IMO. I then switched my choice to Amsoil,which served me well and have no regrets what-so-ever.Like yourself,I recently decided to try out Redline,for a run during the winter months,as it has superior cold flow properties.If I like it,I'll stay with Redline.

If I was you,I'd use up what you have of the mobil and then when that stash is used up,I'd switch it to Redline,I mean lets face it, A mustang likes to be hot-rodded every now and then,and if your like me,you want the best for the baby,just my thoughts / opinions.

There was a member here call "Al" IIRC that added 1 qt of Redline to his oil and had good analysis' if memory serves me correct.

Originally Posted By: nucleardawg
Adding 1qt of Redline to the Mobil 1EP what am I looking at for levels of Moly here in a 6 qt sump. Any harm in the competing chemistry's?

Who knows, I personally wouldn't do it, but others have with good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back