Lithium Battery temps

burbguy82

$100 site donor 2024
With today's quest for an ever-present technological advantage over everyday life..........lithium batteries are and have been a vital source of reliable power, for watches, computers power tools, and now even cars.

There are certain environments on earth that are deadly cold, and hot. Both of these are detrimental to batteries, with cold being more severe. Most literature I have seen prohibits charging of use below 20f

Does anyone have any experience with sustained use of lithium batteries in the extreme cold?

All lithium battery Installations in cold weather have heaters and charge is inhibited until they warm up.

I work for the second largest motive power lithium battery manufacturer in North America. Personally, if you are going to purchase a lithium battery that will be in an environment where the internal temp of the cells are at or below 25F, I would purchase one with an internal heater. I would also avoid charging it at 25F or below....

It also matters if you are talking about LFP or NMC.

I work for the second largest motive power lithium battery manufacturer in North America. Personally, if you are going to purchase a lithium battery that will be in an environment where the internal temp of the cells are at or below 25F, I would purchase one with an internal heater. I would also avoid charging it at 25F or below....

It also matters if you are talking about LFP or NMC.
we are talking all lithium batteries, not just rechargeable ones,

please elaborate

Back