Lisle Handy Packer preferred grease?

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Do you have a preferred grease for your Handy Packer? When I last did the trailer bearings I wanted to use this and the grease I tried was too stiff and wouldn't push into the bearing. It was a Lucas Heavy Duty something. Trailer time again and want to give it another try. Thanks
s-l1600.jpg

Do you have a

I've used a similar style for years and never had any issues with any nlgi2 grease, however I am on the beefier side of people. A skinnier bloke I used to work with would stand on the top to put his whole weight into it which worked for him.

I’ve used the old fashioned wheel bearing grease that had the “stringy” texture in those packers……you have to put it in a vise for the the thick stuff.

I’d pitch that Handy Packer out into a patch of weeds somewhere and get one this style. LubriMatic 70-025 Steel Bearing Packer,Silver https://a.co/d/8ReCPKH

I’ve used the cheap plastic ones this style, I’d consider them a one time use item but still work great and probably would hold up to multiple uses if you just had a safe place to keep the brittle plastic from getting broken until you used it again.

I’ve also used a bench mounted packer in this style. That along with a pneumatic or battery powered grease gun makes real short work outta packing some bearings.

Back