LibreOffice blurry on windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I installed Libreoffice on my win 7 prof. laptop, and whenever I open it, all libreoffice windows have a 'fuzzy/unsharp appearance, including any texts and or images...

My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 Intel HD graphics.

is there anyway to fix this issue?

Last edited:
I considered Open office is not what it used to be from what I heard, and it won't be updated anymore...so went with libre office...seems to be working well..

some reading about why everyone's abandoning OO: forum discussion:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f64/openoffice-vs-libreoffice-623394.html

and BTW, i fixed it - problem was due to me setting the DPI setting to 'large' - with the default 'medium' DPI, everything is razor sharp again.

Thanks for the comment, though.
smile.gif

Dang...and just today! but can't really call it 'regular' Last update was an YEAR ago (perhaps from now on it will be regular, but even that article says OO was in incubation after Oracle donated the code, etc.)

Anyway, I am going to try LO for now and see how it is. If it doesn't work well, i might take a look at OO, but with all major Linux distros now recommending and coming with LO bundled, I am thinking LO might be the future...I'll wait and see.

Last edited:
One of our laptops (Win7) wouldn't run Libreoffice at all in spite of multiple uninstall/downloads. The other, also Win7, runs it just perfectly from the getgo. Hard to figure. Friends have had mixed results too.

Just installed Libre Office on a few Win7 desktops, no problems. Make sure you have the most recent version of Java installed too.

Do you have the very latest Intel video driver for your computer?

In Windows 7,

1. Make sure that you have the display set to its native resolution. Right-click a blank area on the desktop, and choose Screen Resolution.

2. Consider changing the Display setting to medium or larger, especially if you had a lower resolution set for the display previously.

3. I would disable ClearType. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...d2-63aadaecc2d2

That does not address the fuzzy pictures thing, but see if you like it. I think you will like the crispness, even if it is less fancy font-wise. If you don't like the result, you can always change it back.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
I considered Open office is not what it used to be from what I heard, and it won't be updated anymore...so went with libre office...seems to be working well..

Libreoffice *is* Openoffice, just with the code having been forked and now developed by different people. Apache, the people who make the world's most-used web server are now the official maintainers of Openoffice after Oracle divested themselves of it. Libreoffice has most of the developers and the momentum at this point; and Openoffice is dying slowly. Again, though, Libreoffice started off *as* a fork of Openoffice.

This is part of the beauty of the open source model. Once Oracle took ownership of Openoffice and it was clear that it was not going to be the kind of product it should, the code base was simply forked, re-branded and the community of developers began improving it without having to answer to Oracle. If the folks behind Libreoffice ever get out of line, someone else can fork it again, ensuring the code never has to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back