Lets talk about new vehicles

Did 1600 miles on my EcoBoost for first change. Didn’t look too bad but I rarely short trip and it was nice weather during that time also.

I rolled into the back doctors office today and got the bad news.

He came in from looking at the xrays and said Jim we have a serious issue here.

I said yeah doc my backs been bad for over 40 years due to hard labor.

No this is very serious he said. He showed me the xrays and said look at this and this and that.

He said i think you're lying to me Jim and I can't help you if you aren't honest with me

He went on to tell me that the damage could only be caused by one of two-ways.

He said due to your age I'm ruling out a birth defect. He looked at me very sternly and said I want the truth Jim.

Do you own a later model Ford Maverick Hybrid.. I tried to look away and not answer but he brought me right back to attention . I said in my schoolgirl voice...yes I do.

He said I figured. You must sell it at once. The massive torque and electric assist in those will paralyze you for life if you continue on this path of destruction you are on. Your spine just can't take that kind of abuse.

At this point I can't help you unless you help yourself...it's no joke.
I couldn't be more serious if I tried.

I want you back here in three weeks and my secretary is waiting for you now with a cash offer for the Maverick.

Have a great day Jim 😀 😊

No this is very serious he said. He showed me the xrays and said look at this and this and that.

He said i think you're lying to me Jim and I can't help you if you aren't honest with me

He said due to your age I'm ruling out a birth defect. He looked at me very sternly and said I want the truth Jim.

Do you own a later model Ford Maverick Hybrid.. I tried to look away and not answer but he brought me right back to attention . I said in my schoolgirl voice...yes I do.

He said I figured. You must sell it at once. The massive torque and electric assist in those will paralyze you for life if you continue on this path of destruction you are on. Your spine just can't take that kind of abuse.

I want you back here in three weeks and my secretary is waiting for you now with a cash offer for the Maverick.

Have a great day Jim 😀 😊
You best trade it for an m3 or something

Have a great day Jim 😀 😊

Clearly you need a Mustang. Much slower and easier on the back. And you get the added bonus of getting your stretches in getting in and out of it. 😎

I have two on the Mustang as well. Ford is known for recalls lately unfortunately, they are not shy about putting one out unlike some manufactures that will hide, lie, and secretly modify the "maintenance schedule" to cover mistakes.

Like you I've had no issues at all, but I'll get them done at some point. Unlike you I have a dealer I like just down the road. That's one of the reasons I ended up buying the Mustang over the Alfa Romeo I lusted over for two years. Alfa Romeo ownership is a bit of a roll of the dice in the Midwest. There's only one real dealer within 150 miles of me, they have (had) one actual Alfa tech and I recently heard they lost him to another dealership. :eek:

There's a good dealer in Omaha... but hardly handy. :(

I have two on the Mustang as well. Ford is known for recalls lately unfortunately, they are not shy about putting one out unlike some manufactures that will hide, lie, and secretly modify the "maintenance schedule" to cover mistakes.

Like you I've had no issues at all, but I'll get them done at some point. Unlike you I have a dealer I like just down the road. That's one of the reasons I ended up buying the Mustang over the Alfa Romeo I lusted over for two years. Alfa Romeo ownership is a bit of a roll of the dice in the Midwest. There's only one real dealer within 150 miles of me, they have (had) one actual Alfa tech and I recently heard they lost him to another dealership. :eek:

There's a good dealer in Omaha... but hardly handy. :(
Wow dude 😳
Agreed..mine are not urgent and I will get them done. Sadly Ford doesn't give loaners out so I have to get an Uber x2. Oh well...

Wow dude 😳
Agreed..mine are not urgent and I will get them done. Sadly Ford doesn't give loaners out so I have to get an Uber x2. Oh well...

My dealer advertises that they will pick up and drop off the vehicle for service. Have never tried to take them up on that and I don't know if they would do it for recalls they break even on at best.

Back