Lets see your home defense set ups and lube choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
JMHO, but I wouldn't post any of my firearms on a public website.

We think alike!
cheers3.gif
I wrote a paragraph for this thread listing my guns, capacities and locations, and then paused and asked myself "Just what will I gain posting this information on the Internet?" Decided to delete and move on.

Tom NJ

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
JMHO, but I wouldn't post any of my firearms on a public website.
We think alike!
cheers3.gif
I wrote a paragraph for this thread listing my guns, capacities and locations, and then paused and asked myself "Just what will I gain posting this information on the Internet?" Decided to delete and move on.
01.gif

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: hatt
I don't think you understand what a novice is.

Someone who can't insert a mag into a pistol and rack the slide very quickly and safely?
Tell us more about your under stress training? What classes have you been in? Be specific.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: BeerCan
Live in a safe area. My pistols are available but the clip needs to be inserted for them to be loaded. Some people will say that is stupid but I don't care.

Yep.its stupid. But I do the same.

I wish someone would please explain the logic in doing this? Just what do you think you're keeping yourself "safe from"???? Yourself? If you don't trust yourself with a loaded weapon, you shouldn't be carrying or handling one to begin with. A car with an empty gas tank is as useless as a flashlight without batteries. Just as a weapon is without ammunition in it. I'm surprised by the lack of common sense here, by agreeing with logic you both admit is, "stupid".

+1
Do not understand tying your hands behind your back for a perceived sense of "safety". The town I live in people have all kinds of these misconceptions all in the name of safety, and none make a lick of sense. I don't know if there carryovers from another time or what.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Al said:
What classes have you been in? Be specific.

I was a maintenance supervisor in a Nuke Plant. You can't even begin to dream of what a 4" 1050 psi steam line rupturing sounds like 100 ft. away. Or a turbine trip right next to a 10 million pounds per hour steam flow at the front standard.

I suppose I could also cite the stress of qualifying as a pistol instructor. I seemed to handle that OK and shoot reasonably well.

I could go on and on..but you wouldn't understand.
wink.gif

Will I be able to push a mag in a pistol in extreme stress? If I can't, I am not fit to point the business end of it anywhere.

But as with all of us on this board..we are all part of the unverifiable internet..lol.

I understand you're not qualified to formulate reasonable opinions about self defense tactics. I'm not either really. But instead of making stuff up I see what actual experts say. I've never seen one of them tell you to separate a self defense firearm from the ammo.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Have you ever considered moving to a better area so you don't have to live with that sort of paranoia all the time?

You're confusing "paranoia" with preparedness. On the other hand, you're a living nightmare waiting to happen. Walking around in "Condition White" 24/7.

+1 "be prepared"....I know I heard that somewhere.....
13.gif

This is the most retarded logic I've ever heard. The whole entire concept of having a self defense firearm is to make you safer. How is separating the ammunition it requires for it to do that increasing this safety factor? It isn't. It is doing just the exact opposite. It's making the entire concept useless, and more dangerous. It's pure stupidity to even have this conversation. Guns are completely useless if they're not loaded.

This is the most retarded logic I've ever heard. The whole entire concept of having a self defense firearm is to make you safer. How is separating the ammunition it requires for it to do that increasing this safety factor? It isn't. It is doing just the exact opposite. It's making the entire concept useless, and more dangerous. It's pure stupidity to even have this conversation. Guns are completely useless if they're not loaded.

+1 my SD guns are revolvers, both always loaded, both the same platform, both take the same ammo, both have a speed loader at ready as well. So in the dark, the wife or myself can grab either and a speed loader and be ready to go in the blind and be immediately functional with a firearm that is 100% familiar and doesn't need to even be looked at to be put to use.

I have more lethal weapons but choose the revolvers because of the many years of familiarity with the platform and my ability to be awoken suddenly and have the least chance of having a negligent or accidental discharge.

I can pick up either of my SD guns in pitch darkness and by feel tell you if they are loaded and immediately orient them towards a target without thinking about it.

More people were killed by toddlers last year than terrorism in this country. A toddler wouldn't be able to load a firearm and then kill someone. So if you are afraid of ISIS/terrorism, you can reduce your level of stress by keeping your firearm unloaded so that a toddler doesn't kill you.

(if you think getting killed by a toddler is ridiculous risk, terrorism is even more ridiculous).

http://www.snopes.com/toddlers-killed-americans-terrorists/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B

More people were killed by toddlers last year than terrorism in this country. A toddler wouldn't be able to load a firearm and then kill someone. So if you are afraid of ISIS/terrorism, you can reduce your level of stress by keeping your firearm unloaded so that a toddler doesn't kill you.

(if you think getting killed by a toddler is ridiculous risk, terrorism is even more ridiculous).

So tell us please how long have you been suffering from toddlerphobia? Also, please explain why you would allow a toddler to play with a loaded firearm?

Last edited:

Do you keep cell phones away from teenagers? Probably a good idea to remove the battery if you simply leave them laying around. More teens were killed by texting and driving than firearms.....just a fact about how people allow kids to kill themselves. Mostly liberals.

http://www.textinganddrivingsafety.com/texting-and-driving-stats

Last edited:

I'm not afraid of terrorism....I am afraid of out of control black gang bangers who consistently cause 80-90% of the violent crime in our society. What does snopes say about them?

Are toddlers more dangerous than the 1300 career criminals that the Chicago PD has on their "dangerous criminal list" who cause 84% of the murders in that City? If they were eliminated the number of murders in Chicago would be 71 versus 448.

Snopes is a far left, anti gun website. They dump on guns, and the Second Amendment where ever possible. I wouldn't trust them with firearm statistics, any more than I would Bill Clinton with an underage swimsuit model. I'll take my chances with toddlers, falling down stairs, getting struck by lightning, and any other silly comparison you want to try and make, in order to prove your stupid, abstract point. I'm finished with this nonsense. Guns are in fact useless without being full of ammunition. And all of the whacked out stats. comparing them to kids, falling off ladders, or heart disease is meaningless, and will not change that fact. You'd better drain the gas out of your car before you park it in your garage. It's a fire hazard!

A loaded gun is more likely to kill someone who lives in the house than a burglar.

I have insurance. If someone steels my [censored], I get new stuff. People don't break into homes to kill you - if they did, you have some real enemies and should probably re-evaluate some life choices. That's gang/mob stuff.

Good luck with living in fear of being robbed, yet keeping a lethal weapon at the ready for accidental use.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
Good luck with living in fear of being robbed, yet keeping a lethal weapon at the ready for accidental use.

With your ridiculous, foolish, stupid liberal attitude, good luck living, period!

Status
Not open for further replies.