Let’s make a betting pool…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking 13 million acres off the table for gas/oil extraction, how much will that drive up fuel prices? I’m betting $1.00-1.25 within 6 months, and a $6.00/gal gasoline average by next summer. Who’s in on this for $100 with 4:1 odds over/under? 🤬

Look, it's not just about the numbers; it's about envisioning a future that is fundamentally different from what we are accustomed to. We are standing at the precipice of change, a change that demands we rethink not just how we fuel our vehicles, but how we fuel our lives, our economies, and our futures.

I am not here to bet on the incremental increases in fuel prices. I am here to challenge each and every one of us to think bigger, to think bolder. To not just anticipate the changes but to be the change. To innovate, to adapt, and to overcome.

We have the technology, the knowledge, and the creativity to not just survive in a world with fewer fossil fuels, but to thrive, to build something better, something more sustainable.

So, I won't take your bet. Not because I don't believe fuel prices will rise — they very well might. But because I choose to invest my energy, my time, and yes, my money, in solutions, not speculation. In innovation, not stagnation. In a future that is not tethered to the past but is blazing a trail towards something new, something better, something extraordinary.

Let's not bet on the end of an era; let's bet on the beginning of a new one.

Electric is the future! ;)

I just paid $6.09 here.

Attachments

• IMG_20230910_133727199.jpg
    IMG_20230910_133727199.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20230910_183609967.jpg
    IMG_20230910_183609967.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 21
Look, it's not just about the numbers; it's about envisioning a future that is fundamentally different from what we are accustomed to. We are standing at the precipice of change, a change that demands we rethink not just how we fuel our vehicles, but how we fuel our lives, our economies, and our futures.

I am not here to bet on the incremental increases in fuel prices. I am here to challenge each and every one of us to think bigger, to think bolder. To not just anticipate the changes but to be the change. To innovate, to adapt, and to overcome.

We have the technology, the knowledge, and the creativity to not just survive in a world with fewer fossil fuels, but to thrive, to build something better, something more sustainable.

So, I won't take your bet. Not because I don't believe fuel prices will rise — they very well might. But because I choose to invest my energy, my time, and yes, my money, in solutions, not speculation. In innovation, not stagnation. In a future that is not tethered to the past but is blazing a trail towards something new, something better, something extraordinary.

Sure! Let’s find a way to generate enough & a grid that can distribute it! And enough charging stations for an EV in every garage! I bet we can’t afford it!:(

As a very early commercial EV adopter on a large scale, I am well aware of the challenges and potential rewards.

I say "meh".

Sure! Let’s find a way to generate enough & a grid that can distribute it! And enough charging stations for an EV in every garage! I bet we can’t afford it!:(
Before this thread gets locked down:

I think bullwinkle and SubiRubieRoo are thinking with blinders on. Tachyon, IMO, is not proposing that we adopt the band-aid, unreasonable quick fix being driven down our throats regarding EV power. He is suggesting that you are both short sighted about our insistence on maintaining the status quo as to not inconvenience everyone - we want CHEAP at any expense. China manufactured everything, relatively low cost fuel to enable us to waste as we please, Walmart and big box convenience instead of hometown hardwares, and on and on.

Sigh. Our penchant for cheap at any cost is driving us down an unsustainable future. Little manufacturing (neither goods or jobs), ginormous factory farms. In the mean time we whine about the expense of living while we pay our annual cell phone bills, tv streaming bills, too large homes with 4 bathrooms, our right to gas guzzling single person commuter vehicles. We are a spoiled and self-enabled lot.

I think Tachyon is suggesting we take our heads out of the sand, quit relying on our inept politicians and the misleading media and self advocate for reasonable, sustainable solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back