Let it Ride?? Or change it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
If you're keeping the car and can afford the oil change then do it. If you're not keeping the car much longer, who cares?

And about that K&N filter......?
You sign up for a car like that but can't afford an oil change? I'm impressed.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Those who buy the new battery powered sports car.

Yes, but at least electric car owners don't have to "plug it" into Shell or Mobil pump. With this BMW, you have to do both.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Right, but in BMW's case it's a combination of this along with how selective they are in when to allow the battery to charge in order to squeeze out that last bit of MPG. Those two things combined result in a problem.

Yep, the old Audi had some after-run stuff for cooling, but I certainly never got into that kind of trouble, but it wasn't cutting back the alternator for fuel economy.

Quote:
Yes, this would likely help, but as the article said, who wants to dish out $80K on a brand new BMW only to have to hook it up to a battery charger every night?

I'd rather hook a battery charger up every night (well, plug one in, as I do with the F-150) than replace a battery every OCI!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
I'd rather hook a battery charger up every night (well, plug one in, as I do with the F-150) than replace a battery every OCI!
wink.gif

You and me both, but for a typical new BMW buyer, this is a nuisance, so that's why BMW came up with this CCP/maintenance package where they just do it for you and you don't even know about it.

Well, I've got a solution. They could mount a big pink propeller on top of the affected vehicles to help recharge the batteries without reprogramming/replacing the charging circuit.
wink.gif
I want $100 royalty for every affected car, and $1000 if it's not pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back