LCD FP Plus for diesel engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using FP Plus in a diesel? I have been using FP-60 in an '06 Dodge Cummins for the past 5 years. I'm just about out and wondering why FP Plus is recommended only for gas engines? Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks, Scot

That's me, but I've gone back to RLI summer additive this OCI. Short version is I'm not sure what their product line is. I don't remember what forum I read it on, but I read a few posts that indicated FPPlus was the same product, gas or diesel. I ordered mine from Odis Beaver, the prior owner, and repeated numerous times that mine was diesel and he said the product was good for either. Jug came labeled for gas. I used it for 3,000 or so miles without problem. I noticed on the LCD website they had FPPlus for diesel priced about $20 cheaper than the gas version so I ordered some, if for no other reason than to give it the smell test. Got an e-mail from LCD saying they had discontinued FPPlus for diesel several years ago and sent me FP-60. That left open the question of how plugged in Odis still is to the company and my comfort level wasn't high on LCD with them still offering a product online that they haven't made in several years. Terry Dyson is doing my oil analysis and he likes FPPlus for diesel, but defers to Odis about exact product line as he doesn't think highly of LCDs current ownership. Odis is a great old gentleman, but several years removed from the company and who knows if they have changed formulations?

I'm still breaking in my engine, but on my last UOA iron trended a bit higher and I am showing an increase trace of potassium and I have had zero apparent loss of coolant. Since I can't nail down what's in FPPlus I decided to switch back to RLI for this OCI to see if iron trends back downward and K is lower. Additive is the only variable I can change so I thought I'd see what happened and I can get RLI with a lot less drama.

PPPlus (gas) worked fine. Engine ran great, mpg was increasing and soot level went down with the last UOA. All things FPPlus is supposed to aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back