LC mega dose before ARX cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was somewhat prmpted by Drew's post on LC as a sludge/varnish remover in large doses

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=003423

My basic question is what is a reasonable large dose of LC for a short term (200 miles or so) as a gentle flush before OC and an ARX cycle. 2 ounces LC20 per quart of oil? More?

I was going to do an AutoRX on my (new to me) used car. It has been well cared for and probably doesn't need it but what the heck. It had an engine rebuild about 15K ago, but most of the use since then has either been short commuter trips or track. I know - bizarre combo. It is also a turbo.

I am at about 2500-3000 miles on Mobil1 and was going to run Auto RX clean and rinse cycles using Esso XD 15w40 HDEO dino. Am just waiting for my oil filters to arrive via mail order and could add the LC now in a mega dose to run for about 200 miles before the OC.

Thoughts and advice?

Why not wait and just do the Auto-Rx clean and rinse. Then use your LC after your clean and rinse is over. I personally think you would receive the best benefit this way from both products.

smile.gif

I don't disagree with Frank and 59Vetteman. I already have a half gallon of LC20 a bottle and a half of ARX and 4 more bottles on the way from Frank. It was really just an impatience thing. I have to wait a few days for my filters (I know Frank is adamant about using a new filter) and seeing Drew's post made me wonder about a short shock dose of LC20 in the interim on existing oil and filter.

This may not make sense, but I figured it was better to run the ARX with Dino rather than the M1 that is in there now from my purchase. So i was going to run the M1 for about 3000 miles and then change out to Dino and ARX. I had some 15w40 Dino left over from my ARX cycles on my last car (sadly destroyed by a flatbed truck hitting me at 70 mph).

My basic strategy with last two cars has been to run an ARX cycle or two with Dino to do cleanup and then run Synthetic and LC for maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back