LC , FP & Amsoil vs just Amsoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much difference would using LC/FP along with Amsoil TSO 0W-30 in vehicles over just using the oil alone? Vehicles I have are a 95 Geo Metro 1.3L w/100,000 mi and 93 Toyota Corolla 1.8 w/ 165,000 mi. The geo ran dino for 40,000 mi then castrol syntec till 75,000 then Amsoil TSO till present. OCI on dino 3000 mi syntec 4000-5000 mi, on the amsoil once/yr or 6000-7000 mi, oil filter changed at every oil change. The Corolla ran dino till 50,000 mi, syntec until 140,000 then amsoil TSO to present. OCI similar to Geo. Corolla was flushed using Amsoil flush at changeover per bottle directions. I have been running Amsoil PI in the gas whenever I think of it usually 3-4 times/yr at 4-6 oz/ 6 gal or so fillup. I plan on running these cars for as long as possible so want to keep them in top running condition. What benefits could be gained by using LC/FP in these vehicles?
Thanks,
Steve

I believe TooSlick, BITOG's resident rocket scientist & Amsoil expert, has written that he doesn't think the chemistry between TSO 0W-30 and LC work well together. Others, however, like SSDude here, have said LC is a good way to keep the Amsoil oil's from thickening in extended OCIs. I've used a little LC with the TSO in my Chrysler 2.4L, and subjectively, I didn't like it. Engine felt less lively. But I have no real data, other than the "feel" of it.

quote:

Originally posted by SteveU:
What benefits could be gained by using LC/FP in these vehicles?
Thanks,
Steve

None whatsoever. If the vehicles in question are having no problems, they'll continue to do so. Use LC/FP at your own paranoid level of existence.

I've been using/selling Amsoil for about 25 years now. I've never felt it needed any help, although regular use of a fuel treat such as PI or FP60 (in very small amounts) is an excellent idea.

I recently purchased some FP and LC to test in my personal vehicles and equipment. I have baseline data for various Amsoil formulations in these same applications and have a pretty good understanding how to run a well controlled test.

I'll report on the results and let you know if either of these products represents an improvement over Amsoil alone. I expect the FP60 to emerge as a viable alternative to the Amsoil Performance Improver gas additive. I suspect we can do without doping the Amsoil engine oils, based on many years of experience.

An ounce of kerosene every 1000 miles will also keep any oil from thickening...
wink.gif

TS

quote:

Originally posted by TooSlick:

An ounce of kerosene every 1000 miles will also keep any oil from thickening...
wink.gif

TS

Huh? TS are you just joking around or are you serious?? If your serious, please clarify?? You got me curious now
grin.gif
Thanks,,,,,AR

I'm 100% dead serious....

Use the Amsoil by itself and don't play organic chemist in your garage...
wink.gif

Ted

Too much kidding here.

TSO alone will work fine. You said 8000 mile OCI, correct? No need for LC. You can add it if you want, but I really have seen no objective evidence that it will improve TSO.

FP can help any fuel IMHO. FP doesn't help an already good engine such as yours - it REALLY helps the crappy fuel we are forced to use. It adds totally absent lubricity, and it helps combustion cleanliness.

Would there be any benefit to using ARX in the above vehicles? Never had the valve covers off but there is a thin varnish coating visible thru the oil filler cap on both vehicles. Will this affect engine performance?
Thanks,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back