Latest rain in LA

It wasn’t record breaking but was in the top 10.

4D532378-7836-42EB-9D9D-29FD909FC3D7.jpeg

9 inches so far in Alhambra. weather.gov’s forecasting another 1 inch in the next day.
Almost no wind though.

How's your well? Are able to defer the expensive replacement?
The Mojave river fills the aquifer. It flowed a full 10 months.i can't measure the water level with the pump in the casing but it's been working fine. Judging by the amount of time it takes the water to get to the surface I'm going to say that the aquifer is very full.

The Mojave river fills the aquifer. It flowed a full 10 months.i can't measure the water level with the pump in the casing but it's been working fine. Judging by the amount of time it takes the water to get to the surface I'm going to say that the aquifer is very full.
Huge news bro!!

I would have thought it much slower. That's nice to read!!

Wow, never thought 4 inches of rain was a big deal in the sense of on the east coast, yes it is significant but it happens without that kind of turmoil. You can get a couple inches in a bad thunderstorm.

As you get past the five inch mark it starts becoming a news item, 10 inches can be a strong tropical storm rainfall to hurricane.
The coast here in NC and most the eastern seaboard, two events just late least year at our home in a 3 month period brought 5 inches of rain each time, other then a backed up street drain here or there, no issues.
I can see the issues in the Mountains anyplace including CA. Most all the US east coast is flat land up to around 100 miles or more in from the ocean. Good luck over there in CA!

Wow, never thought 4 inches of rain was a big deal in the sense of on the east coast, yes it is significant but it happens without that kind of turmoil. You can get a couple inches in a bad thunderstorm.

As you get past the five inch mark it starts becoming a news item, 10 inches can be a strong tropical storm rainfall to hurricane.
The coast here in NC and most the eastern seaboard, two events just late least year at our home in a 3 month period brought 5 inches of rain each time, other then a backed up street drain here or there, no issues.
I can see the issues in the Mountains anyplace including CA. Most all the US east coast is flat land up to around 100 miles or more in from the ocean. Good luck over there in CA!
Yes but look at the mean. I think where my brother lives the mean is 12 inches or so. The last two years, cranking above that, but even so 4" is quite large proportionally.

EDIT REF: https://www.laalmanac.com/weather/we140a.php

Yes but look at the mean. I think where my brother lives the mean is 12 inches or so. The last two years, cranking above that, but even so 4" is quite large proportionally.

EDIT REF: https://www.laalmanac.com/weather/we140a.php
I understand/agree and why I brought up the east coast and acknowledge the issues on the west coast.
I was surprised to see the posts that referenced 4 to 6 inches.

Back