Latest Harbor Freight Run

Those composite ratchets are the bomb use them more than my pear head ones. I’d pick up a rail of 3/8” drive and 1/2” drive metric sockets from HF preferably the color coated one. 20 bucks should cover most of what you want to do. If you’re looking at buying an impact in the future just buy 1/2” impact sockets and use them on your ratchet.

On the topic of composite ratchets...has anyone tried the Tekton composites? All three sizes for only a few $ more than HF. Overall HF is pretty good for it's class but Tekton stuff is usually a step above HF.
Screenshot_20201204-215412_Chrome.jpg

On the topic of composite ratchets...has anyone tried the Tekton composites? All three sizes for only a few $ more than HF. Overall HF is pretty good for it's class but Tekton stuff is usually a step above HF.
View attachment 35867
There is a YouTube video tearing these down. These are the same as the HF ones, same vendor.

Hmm. Guess I will have to go to HF tomorrow to pick up yet another ratchet... 🙄
Tekton makes some great sockets. Love their 6 points. I don’t know why HF defaults to 12 point for chrome 1/2”ers Annoys the bejesus out of me because I think the only way to get 6 points there is to go Impact or drop big bucks on Icon.

I went to Harbor Freight today and got the following items:
3 boxes of nitrile gloves.
a movers blanket for me to lay on in my garage
a magnetic led light bar
a set of wire cutters/crimper
a #60 grinding disc
a movers dolly to put my mower deck on this winter
two wall hangers to hang my garage extension cords on
three pairs of black rubber coated gloves
a clear eye sheild
yellow safety glasses
and I wanted to get one of their very high quality HVLP $9.99 coupon spray guns but they were sold out.

It's a love/hate relationship. Cheap Chinese junk, but I don't really need any of the above in good quality sooo.....

I needed a 1-1/2" hitch ball wrench and the big hardware store didn't have one.

It's something I may use once a year if not every other year ...
Decided to swing by Harbor Freight ... They had a set of 6 Pittsburgh wrenches for just over price of 2 at the hardware store after a %25 discount.

Asked the guy about the warranty expecting a 30 days or so and he said they have a lifetime warranty!
Ended up buying some Pittsburgh 1/2" impact wrench extensions as well. Again won't be using the extensions much maybe 3 or 4 times a year ...

with the lifetime warranty, I may give the Pittsburg stuff more visits. lol Do you guys like them? The stuff I bought look pretty solid and heavy.

I needed a 1-1/2" hitch ball wrench and the big hardware store didn't have one.

It's something I may use once a year if not every other year ...
Decided to swing by Harbor Freight ... They had a set of 6 Pittsburgh wrenches for just over price of 2 at the hardware store after a %25 discount.

Asked the guy about the warranty expecting a 30 days or so and he said they have a lifetime warranty!
Ended up buying some Pittsburgh 1/2" impact wrench extensions as well. Again won't be using the extensions much maybe 3 or 4 times a year ...

with the lifetime warranty, I may give the Pittsburg stuff more visits. lol Do you guys like them? The stuff I bought look pretty solid and heavy.
I like most of their stuff. Their chrome and impact sockets are definitely worth it so are their impacts. Their wrenches are ok if you aren’t using them everyday like I do I’ve bent a couple. I have had good luck with their torque wrenches and ratchets too.

Back