KYB Strut Plus (quick struts) question…

Am I able to swap out the strut hat/mount bearing for a better one such as Sachs or are Strut Plus assembly’s designed to only work with their stuff? Thanks all.

The few KYB quick strut assemblies that I have installed had strut mount/bearings that were interchangeable with other aftermarket parts. I have replaced a couple of the KYB quick strut mounts with Monroe or Gabriel parts.

Since it looks like it was answered, I've also wondered the same thing about springs?

Say cheap quick struts were installed and you order quality struts a la carte. Will aftermarket strut springs typically work with all struts for the application?

The few KYB quick strut assemblies that I have installed had strut mount/bearings that were interchangeable with other aftermarket parts. I have replaced a couple of the KYB quick strut mounts with Monroe or Gabriel parts.
Thanks for the fast response. I’m glad that I learned that the quick struts come with Excel-G’s but the strut mounts on them look cheap

Since it looks like it was answered, I've also wondered the same thing about springs?

Say cheap quick struts were installed and you order quality struts a la carte. Will aftermarket strut springs typically work with all struts for the application?
That’s a good question!

I really think you should start over; that way you eliminate all the variables. Send those quick struts back. And since you're in California, your factory springs probably look great.

I really think you should start over; that way you eliminate all the variables. Send those quick struts back, and since you're in California, your factory springs probably look great.
Unfortunately my car came with cheapo quick struts already called “OREDY” lol. The only step I can think of taking is chancing junkyard struts. Being from Northern California all of our stuff even into the 1970’s stuff is rust free

Unfortunately my car came with cheapo quick struts already called “OREDY” lol. The only step I can think of taking is chancing junkyard struts. Being from Northern California all of our stuff even into the 1970’s stuff is rust free
In that case you could look for some factory springs and build some nice struts. What kind of car is it?

In that case you could look for some factory springs and build some nice struts. What kind of car is it?
I priced everything together if I were to build all 4 struts in pieces using Sachs parts. If I add in junkyard springs l’m looking at total of nearly $950 for everything..

The car is a 2000 Camry V6

For a 23 year old Toyota, I'd just roll the dice on a complete set of KYB quick struts. They have a lifetime warranty so you can easily replace them as long as you purchase them from an authorized seller (preferably from a local B + M store).
Yea true and that is exactly why I bought them from RA since they had the best price and they usually don’t give me any grief for returns/exchanges. I don’t mind the firmness of the Excel-G’s. Feels reminiscent of my E46’s back in the day

Yea true and that is exactly why I bought them from RA since they had the best price and they usually don’t give me any grief for returns/exchanges. I don’t mind the firmness of the Excel-G’s. Feels reminiscent of my E46’s back in the day

The firmer Excel-G's probably work better on your (heavier) V-6 Camry than on a 4 cyl. Camry.

Did you submit the rebate for the KYB struts?

KYB Strut Rebate

Back