Kumho to produce lavendar scented tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone at that company has been having a few too many "special" brownies in my opinion.
wink.gif

I'm interested as to what effect this might have around wildlife. Bears are known to be attracted to assorted scents, and many places warn against anything with a strong smell (especially food or even mint wrappers) being left in cars after dark due to break-ins. I'm wondering when the first orange scented tire gets punctured by a curious bear in Yosemite.

Quote:

I'm interested as to what effect this might have around wildlife. Bears are known to be attracted to assorted scents,

Looks like these Kumho tires will be a favorite of hunters on their big trucks then.
smile.gif

Quote:

Hard to believe companies actually pay people to think this %#@* up.

The basic press release Kumho put out says it's really designed to "build brand awareness" and to highlight their technology. Kumho isn't exactly the best known brand in the US. Even those who have heard of them may be skeptical that a Korean company has caught up to the US/European/Japanese competitors. They had a series of some of the worst TV spots I've seen selling tires. This is certainly getting them a lot of buzz on car enthusiast message boards and even a few mentions on radio.

After 30 years of fixing flats every day, I'm here to tell ya firehydrants are the SECONDARY aim point for every dog in any given neighoborhood!
puke.gif
Maybe scented tires will keep them away, or atleast act as a cover sent.
throwroses.sml

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back