Kuhmo HP4 716s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont have any experience with the HP4's but I do with the Solus KH16's. Great tire especially for the money but they do transmit alot to the driver. On my GF's Golf that can be a little much on a euro-tuned suspension with such a short wheel base but non the less, they are fantastic both dry and wet. Since she was in FL and now in Vegas, there is very little info I can contribute to the Snow and Ice but they seem to have a pretty good ratings on light snow as well as decent on ice and deep snow.

If you need a performance all-season I suggest the BFG Traction T/A. But for real winter weather I suggest a real snow tire like a Bridgestone Blizzak W965.

My only experience with those tires is on a Miata. They were "okay" in cold rainy winter weather. I doubt you will be happy with them in real snow.

Yea, I probably should suck it up and get a real snow tire. I no longer commute 100 miles a day, so that's my reasoning for trying to find a superb all season tire.

Can you guys recommend "the best" all season tire, or maybe snow tire that can be used year round??? Nokian perhaps? Problem with that is there are no Nokian dealers around my area.

I have them on my SE-R and they do OK in the snow. If the undercarriage of the car clears the snow, I usually dont have any real problem.

Nokian WRs are about the same price as blizzaks, and last twice as long. I got 35,000 miles out of a set running them year round.
They are a directional, M&S And H rated tire.
Just have to drive to a shop at I70 and Highway 85.

Ken

Well, I bought a set of BF Goodrich Precept Touring. Since I bought the previous tires at Discount, they honored the treadwear warranty and the tires I got were less then half the cost of Nokians. If these BFGs go the distance, I'm getting Nokian WRs as my next tire. From everything I've read, they are the ultimate all season tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back