KN filter test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention those oiled filters can get a layer of oil on your maf sensor, if you have a maf system, and make its readings inacurate

Originally Posted By: 7055
Not to mention those oiled filters can get a layer of oil on your maf sensor, if you have a maf system, and make its readings inacurate

yes if you're someone who over oils one. Matt

precisely.

I ran one for about 100,000 miles in a Lexus ES300, and didn't have a single MAF problem. I cleaned and re-oiled it several times.

Originally Posted By: Buffman

Happened to me with a brand new one with no oil added. It's also intake sensitive. Bigger issue with some than others.

Have to concur different MAF sensors might not show the same results. I personally don't run K&N filters as I don't really like their build quality. I like S&B better. If the AEM DryFlow would come in a size I needed, I'd go to that.

Originally Posted By: Buffman

You sound like the K&N warranty "help line" who denied me warranty costs on 3 ruined MAFs ($600.00 replacement cost) in 500 miles after I put their filter in my car straight from the package. While never using the "l-word" they used every euphemism for liar when I swore that I never oiled, much less oiled their filter. I found a cure. I took the K&N out of the airbox, put it on the drive way, ran over it 3 times, put in a paper filter, and went 60K miles before the next MAF replacement. Their "no-damage" warranty is a joke, but looking at the 4 documented tests now on the internet, so is their product.

Yep, some MAFs really hate that filter oil. I'm hoping the AEM Dryflow takes a chunk of the oiled air filters.

Does anyone know the date of that test posted in the beginning? I'm just wondering if the filters available today are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back