KENDALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any experience using Kendall oil? I have a new Honda, and the dealer will change the oil for $20, and although I do not mind changing it myself - actually I prefer to, but for $20 it may be hard to overlook sometimes. However, I know they use Kendall synthetic blend. Kendall must have one of the most vague websites I have seen, and I dont know that it has ever been mentioned on this forum, so just not sure about it. Thanks.

I think it's one of the old Pennsylvania Oils, labeled and advertised that way. Gets some play here, certain small repair shops carry and use it exclusively. Don't have any personal history.

Kendall is owned by ConocoPhillips and Kendall GT-1 Synthetic Blend is just TropArctic with a different name.

The synthetic blend allows them to use a shot of group III with average group II base stock to achieve similar results to group II+ viscosity index base stocks like used by Pennzoil, Mobil and Castrol.

The "old" Kendall oils are now Brad Penn, made by American Refining Group.

It's a good middle of the line oil and it's cheap, so many shops use it for bulk.

I am just starting my 2nd 5k OCI on my 2007 Escape 2.3L with the 5w20 syn blend. At the end of the OCI I will be getting a UOA done if you are interested.

It is a quality Conoco motor oil and should be a great budget oil. Use it with confidence.

I just purchased 24 qts @ $ 1.86 from AAP 10w30 GT-1 Syn blend, I'm switching from PP 5w30/10w30.

I have experience with this oil becouse I had it for 29k Km on my Spectra Kia.

The Kia dealer was putting it for the regular maintenance.

Well I decided to make the oil change in the another place and put syntetic oil for have longer oil canghes.

I put petrol canada full syntetic oil and the car now seems another car, the engine much more smooth and quiter and the car is doing much better milage almost 1Km per liter more !!!

I just regret to not having done it before, the oil change now cost me almost double but I make oil changes more than the double kilometers and putting in consideration that the car goes much better and consume less you can understant that for me that oil wasn't worted at all.

The local Tires Plus uses Kendall as the "house" oil. I have nothing in particular to say about it, though I don't recall anyone complaining about it.

Most of the Firestones around here use Kendall.

My dealership uses Conoco (get it cheaper than Kendall but use some Kendall fluids too)

My Old dealership uses Motorcraft

Conoco
Phillips 66
Kendall
Motocraft

All about the same...... Heck ConocoPhillips helped develop 5W-20 for FORD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back