K&N Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use common sense with this. If the debate is endless between paper and K&N, and no one has seen problems with both, then the K&N is just fine! lol

Yes, there could be times that the K&N may filter worse, do i doubt that? naa. But hey theres times when a paper one has a bad foam seal or somthing that lets some air by. Life cant be black and white all the time. K&N's do there job otherwise engine failure reports would be all over the fast moving internet right?

My father in law uses one on his little saturn, claims it does just fine, clean intake duct and all. Hey these filters last a long time through the years because there heavy duty, thats one plus right? I think there pretty cool, and there very popular. Know how many vehicles probablly have them in there intake box? lol. I'd use one without thinking twice about it really.

**** first fram now K&N, I can really pick filters well.
tongue.gif

Well, I originally put my K&N in hoping to maybe get a little increase in fuel economy out of my Xterra. I didn't expect any power gains.

I did not notice any variation in my fuel economy. From all that I have read here recently I personally don't feel I have gained anything for the potential damage I may do to my engine in increased/premature wear.

So for me, I'm going back to paper.

Thanks for all the great info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back