just received two computers free

Status
Not open for further replies.
My in laws bought two dell inspiron core duo pcs last week. so they were getting rid of the their complete sony vaio systems, it was going to get scraped . So I picked them up last night.

1st one P4 2.5 ghz, 512 ram, 120gb hard drive, dvdrw drive, netgear wireless pci card
2nd one P4 HT 3.0 ghz, 512 ram, 160gb hard drive, dvd rw drive

I've got a 15in LCD and 17 in LCD screen. two HP printers, all in one scanner. all peripherals as well.

I'm going to scrap one for recycling, so far I have taken out the 512 ram, 120gb hard drive, and netgear wireless pci card and put it in the 2nd computer.

What's left is an diskette drive, cd rom, motherboard, processor, 56k modem card, dvd rw drive, power supply, fan.

I'm thinking of taking out the dvd-rw drive and put it in my compaq desktop. then junk it. is there anything else I can take out worth anything?

Wow! great in-laws! Sounds like you've got everything good out of them. Funny, I just tossed out a box of diskette and CD-ROM drives awhile back. Not much use for them anymore. Power sppys and fans are keepers, but those will go the way of the diskette with most people going with laptops now. Just for laughs, I've still got a 8.5" floppy disk around from my college days. I think it's 8.5?? It's huge and it was a long time ago..

Joel

Heck, those scrap PC's are faster than anything I'm running at home, LOL. I think the kids have the fastest as just over 2GHz. I make due with a 1.8GHz Dell 2300 and a Core 2 Duo laptop at 1.8GHz.

I was just thinking last week that my Dell is about 6 years old now.

And I'm in IT. I guess I got my money's worth out of that $500 machine. It's probably used more electricity than it cost to buy, LOL

Anyway, ebay or craigslist, to get back to the topic.

Or keep it together and set up one of those filers mentioned elsewhere in the topic area.

thanks. it's been a busy day. that P4 3.0 ghz HT, went from 512 mb to 1 gb ram, 280 hard drive, wireless card, plus I installed mcafee antivirus. I'm scanning right now. in laws threated with "better not see it on craigslist" lol
I've got 8 pcs now. 2 from the inlaws, 2 from my wife when I married her, 2 from me, 2 since I have been married the past three years. I'm definitely going to recycle a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back