I've done it! 200k and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2001 Civic and I have made it above 200k as of this morning. To date, the only non-wear items that have been replaced are the thermal overload circuit on the AC compressor and the alternator.
10k Platinum oil changes, Amsoil ATF keep it going. And 80% highway miles help as well.

Very nice. People tell me that generation of Civic is not as good, but 200k with no issues sounds good to me.. My '96 Saturn and I are only about 130k miles. No major repairs, just typical stuff.

Grats!

thankyou2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
19.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
The 2001 Civic and I have made it above 200k as of this morning. To date, the only non-wear items that have been replaced are the thermal overload circuit on the AC compressor and the alternator.
10k Platinum oil changes, Amsoil ATF keep it going. And 80% highway miles help as well.

Congrats! :)

If you keep maintaining it, your car will carry you for another 800K miles trouble-free, unless, of course, you get sick of it before it breaks. We should be grateful to the Japanese engineering.Without it we would be forced to inferior D3 products and D3 would not have the competition that forced them into quality improvement.

Originally Posted By: Geo_Prizm
If you keep maintaining it, your car will carry you for another 800K miles trouble-free, unless, of course, you get sick of it before it breaks. We should be grateful to the Japanese engineering. Without it we would be forced to inferior D3 products and D3 would not have the competition that forced them into quality improvement.

+1
thumbsup2.gif

Congrats!!

You know what this means right???

You need to give your car a "You survived 200k miles of my abusive driving" gift!!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch

Nice job. 2001 is the tail end of that generation. I would expect tweaks would have been made compared to the start of the generation.

How's the transmission?

Congrats. I myself got there a while back. Hoping to hit 400,000 As I have only personally seen just a few that made that milestone.

9533_103203723027399_100000133146027_98109_8182292_n.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: Geo_Prizm
We should be grateful to the Japanese engineering. Without it we would be forced to inferior D3 products and D3 would not have the competition that forced them into quality improvement.[/b][/i]

+1
thumbsup2.gif

Congratulations!...Honda makes great cars.

This might shock some here but I have easily done 200K miles with Ford engines...I did it with the 4.6,302,390 and the 289...Got the 88 Town Car up to 300K miles with the 302 engine.

It won't be a surprise to OVERK1LL,milkwaukee,dearpaint,panthermike,andrewg,Ben99GT and some others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back