It's official, I'm banned from my local pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tom slick
Maybe they thought you smelled funny from cooking smelly foods and being too loud was the polite way to kick you out.
28.gif

"Who's that funny-smellin' fella who's cheerin' for that soccer mess? You know he ain't american! KICK 'IM OUT!!!"

Without the management informing you directly, it's hearsay. Go there yourself and talk to a manager. Could be a 'friend' taking the [censored] out of you for a laugh. So long as you're buying drinks/food & not blasting a vuvuzela or throwing glasses about it seems a bit out of line. It's the dang WORLD CUP!

There's plenty of pubs out there who will be glad to have your money and not bother a whit about World Cup cheering. The market for restaurants is extremely cutthroat so most can't turn down business for long before closing doors for good. Be sure all your friends, family, Yelp, etc... know about this experience as well.

Originally Posted By: Popinski
I don't get it, they advertise that they play all world cup games. I wonder if they know the difference between cheering during soccer tournaments or cheering during golf or figure skating tournaments.

I went there 4 times for different world cup games. (When USA, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea.). I cheer very loud and wild because this is an important sporting event. I drink about 4 pints of beer per game. I was not violent, throwing chairs or anything... just very loud cheering. The Pub never warned me that I was too loud and the waitress, waiters and bar tenders thought I was awesome.

Anyway, I get a message on my email from my friend who works there to inform me that I'm banned from the pub for being too loud.

So sad right now...it had to come when today I celebrated when USA won...I am going to find a new pub to watch the round of 16 games. This would never have happened if I were in Europe or Australia(maybe).

Your buddy is probably just pulling your chain .....

What do they expect? Dead silence when they show popular and important sporting events?
You may be happier somewhere else [there are no lack of drinking establishments]. It's their loss.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
What do they expect? Dead silence when they show popular and important sporting events?

Why not?

"Important sporting events" strikes me as a contradiction, and the popularity of them strikes me as irrelevant. Neither aspect seems to be grounds to override basic decency and respect for the commons in the general public realm, and I resent that certain segments of our society have insisted that it be so.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
The only reason that they would have kicked you out in Oz is for only having 4 pints.

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Deal with it and move on.

That is good advice if his wife left or he was thrown out of University for poor grades, but come on man ... this is a public house for the common man.
beer3.gif

Originally Posted By: Moose016
...This would never have happened if I were in Europe or Australia(maybe).

You would have been kicked out in Australia, they kick people out of bars for anything. I think I got kicked out of or not allowed into at least 25% of the bars I went to in Sydney and I've never had a problem in the US. Not all are that way, but the majority are, probably like bars in NYC and LA.

You must have really been playing up.

Only people I've ever seen get kicked out in 25 years had been drunk beligerents.

That's surprising that they would kick you out for cheering, and even more surprising they would do it via email.

All the bars around here will kick people out and ban them on the spot, not send them a breakup email. All the bars around here will also let you cheer as much as you want during sporting events. I went to a local bar to watch the Celtics vs. Lakers game last week and people were jumping up and cheering all over the place. Nobody got kicked out.

Maybe you picked the wrong bar? I can't see any respectable sports bar kicking people out for cheering for their team.

Why would we accuse someone of not having basic decency and respect when fully engrossing himself in the provided viewing material?
That said, on second thought, not many bars kick paying patrons out unless they are way overboard in their actions.

You have not heard from the actual bar owner if I understand correctly. Maybe your friend is pulling your leg, or embarrassed.

Hey Guys, thanks for the replies.

Yes, I did call them yesterday and his boss said I was "temporarly" banned. My friend told me some dude with a heart condition was startled by my loud cheering as he chugged his beer and ate his high-cholesterol fries. He told me that I am banned until the World Cup over. Stupid, right? People loved me, girls hugged me. I was the one-man cheerleader. This is just a regular pub were people eat and drink. They have two big screen TV's so people can watch sports....they must be watching too much golf or figure skating LOL.

That's fine because I found another pub. It's smaller but the people are super friendly. I will cheer my lungs out when S. Korea and USA plays tomorrow. I will wear my USA Jersey and American flag around my neck. Even if it is early noon, I WILL DRINK 4 PINTS OF AMERICAN BUDWIESER!!!!!!

GO USA!!!

Last edited:
Hey Guys, thanks for the replies.

Yes, I did call them yesterday and his boss said I was "temporarly" banned. My friend told me some dude with a heart condition was startled by my loud cheering as he chugged his beer and ate his high-cholesterol fries. He told me that I am banned until the World Cup over. Stupid, right? People loved me, girls hugged me. I was the one-man cheerleader. This is just a regular pub were people eat and drink. They have two big screen TV's so people can watch sports....they must be watching too much golf or figure skating LOL.

That's fine because I found another pub. It's smaller but the people are super friendly. I will cheer my lungs out when S. Korea and USA plays tomorrow. I will wear my USA Jersey and American flag around my neck. Even if it is early noon, I WILL DRINK 4 PINTS OF AMERICAN BUDWIESER!!!!!!

GO USA!!!

It sounds like you may have upset a regular who spends more money there than you do. Someone with a heart condition probably shouldn't be hanging out at a bar in the first place, but if his tab is hefty they are going to look out for him before you.

Originally Posted By: onion
Why does a bar have your email?

Quote:
Anyway, I get a message on my email from my friend who works there to inform me that I'm banned from the pub for being too loud.

If it's a friend that works at the pub, perhaps he's just goofing on you and you aren't really banned at all? That would be my first thought.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I WILL DRINK 4 PINTS OF AMERICAN BUDWIESER!!!!!!

Yuck! That should be grounds for banning right there
crackmeup2.gif

good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back