It's official, I'm banned from my local pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it, they advertise that they play all world cup games. I wonder if they know the difference between cheering during soccer tournaments or cheering during golf or figure skating tournaments.

I went there 4 times for different world cup games. (When USA, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea.). I cheer very loud and wild because this is an important sporting event. I drink about 4 pints of beer per game. I was not violent, throwing chairs or anything... just very loud cheering. The Pub never warned me that I was too loud and the waitress, waiters and bar tenders thought I was awesome.

Anyway, I get a message on my email from my friend who works there to inform me that I'm banned from the pub for being too loud.

So sad right now...it had to come when today I celebrated when USA won...I am going to find a new pub to watch the round of 16 games. This would never have happened if I were in Europe or Australia(maybe).

Last edited:
Wow that's amazing. I suppose they have the right, but really stupid IMHO. Probably one old do-gooder and one redneck complained.

I would still show up once to have the owner tell you why in person. But that's just me.

Originally Posted By: Popinski
This would never have happened if I were in Europe or Australia(maybe).

The only reason that they would have kicked you out in Oz is for only having 4 pints.

Next time there is an Ohio State/Michigan football game on TV, go in there and tell them they are to loud.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I would still show up once to have the owner tell you why in person. But that's just me.

I would as well, and be calm and collected about it... keeping in mind that it is his place of business. I don't put much into information that I get via a third party.

Strange.

I was banned for a bar for wearing windpants. It was during my college finals, and my buddy and I were going to watch some hockey.

I found it funny that they just happened to add a "dress code" in the last week or so.

Perhaps you went into a "pub" thinking it was a "sports bar". I don't frequent either category so I'm just surmizing, but I can't imagine anyone being thrown out of a sports bar for noise (that seems to be their reason for existence) where a pub might intend to be a little more refined.

What a wussy way of evicting you. They should have a bouncer named "Bruno" do it old school.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Wow that's amazing. I suppose they have the right, but really stupid IMHO. Probably one old do-gooder and one redneck complained.

Ditto, who can say you read the e-mail?

The owner can "man up" and tell you face to face if you are not welcome.

Originally Posted By: Popinski
...This would never have happened if I were in Europe or Australia(maybe).

You would have been kicked out in Australia, they kick people out of bars for anything. I think I got kicked out of or not allowed into at least 25% of the bars I went to in Sydney and I've never had a problem in the US. Not all are that way, but the majority are, probably like bars in NYC and LA.

I've been kicked out and banned from bars before, but it sure wasn't from cheering too loudly. What a bunch of wusses. They didn't want to "offend" any other patrons at that place. I'm thinking bar, but I bet it was a place similar to O'charleys or some other themed bar that makes you think your at an actual real bar, but we all know, it's not even close. Find another place.

Were you the only one making a scene? If the place was full of people watching the game and making noise then I don't know why you were singled out.

If you were the only one making noise they must have thought you were drunk and beligerant.

Most places here are a combination bar and restaurant. Don't need people screaming while families are trying to eat.

Since I dont watch sports if I go into a place and people are watching a game and being overly loud and exited I'll walk out and go somewhere else.

But they should have givin you a verble warning and not an Email.

Tell us a little more about this pub and the people who go there. Were you swearing a lot? Unless you were the only person being loud there was no reason to kick you out. If you were swearing, that shouldn't have mattered, but being the only loud and rowdy person, even if you're cold sober, is usually grounds for a ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back