It Lives (the wife's Corolla)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you may recall a while back I posted a note about our trip up to Minnesota and the accident my wife was in a week after our return:
2623374110_8320b66326_o.jpg

After 56 days in the shop, we finally got it back tonight:
2803889663_a7aeb6e232_o.jpg

I checked it out extensively throughout the repair process & I'm confident in the job they did. These guys use all the current computerized repair programs & tools that is out there. The finished product looks exceptional. There is no trace of where they welded on the new quarter panel. I know some of you will say it'll never "be right" again, but hey, that's what their lifetime guarantee's for.
thumbsup2.gif

The before pics are here. And the after pics are here.

Last edited:
They did a great job of fixing it up, but I certainly wouldn't trust it to be as strong as it was before. Whenever you bend metal, and then bend it back, it's going to be weaker. So if that car were to be involved in another major accident, I personally don't think it would be safe.

Originally Posted By: Patman
They did a great job of fixing it up, but I certainly wouldn't trust it to be as strong as it was before. Whenever you bend metal, and then bend it back, it's going to be weaker. So if that car were to be involved in another major accident, I personally don't think it would be safe.
That is a very valid point and I agree that the work should be looked over by an independent shop who can spot any compromising in the frame. Hopefully it's about as good as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back