Is this too much dry rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's simple. Don't drive the car any faster then you plan to go for your next accident. And only drive your car in places where you'd like to have that accident. After all, it's only your safety that is at risk, here.

Check the date code to know how old they actually are.

They're pretty cracked, but I've seen worse. However, you've already had one fail structurally. Why keep rolling the dice on the rest?

Those tiny tires are so cheap that this should be an easy decision. Replace them all.

I'm sure the sales rep jumped towards the DOT date code; they're all trained on that and they think drivers have no idea. Am quite confident the 4 year number is accurate.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
you've already had one fail structurally. Why keep rolling the dice on the rest?

Those tiny tires are so cheap that this should be an easy decision. Replace them all.

Good Point...

Originally Posted By: Trav
PM member CapriRacer and ask him to look at the pic, he is a tire expert.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I don't like what I'm seeing.

Thanks for all the replies. The DOT code says 1612. Very disappointing that these only lasted 3.5 years.
frown.gif
No unusual usage or abuse. I did notice they lost air pressure rather quickly, it must have been coming through the sidewalls. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and replace them all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back