Is the FP60/LC20 no longer in vogue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
It's a shame it's not talked about more here. FP/LC are great products.

They are. IMO there is sufficient proof if you look back through the archives that LC is beneficial as an anti-oxidant for lube oils. The use of FP has also been documented a good deal in the past as a fuel lubricity enhancement. One can hear the difference even in fuel pump hum when the product is used.

Terry is an outstanding gentleman! Utmost integrity.

Knowing The Critic, I am going to guess his post, which as I previously noted I had issue with, meant to infer that there were 'no secrets' and infer a sham.

Again, I do not agree with this notion what-so-ever.
If The Critic meant differently, I hope he checks back to comment as I know he is very active on the board and would not simply wring and run.

I thought the dose of MMO was 4 ounces for 10 gallons of fuel, while FP Plus states 1 ounce per 10 gallons. Was it a different dose in the past? If I'm correct the cost for FP might be the cheapest of the bunch now... no?

I've been reading a lot of the past threads, studies, and info on FP/LC and find it to be one of the more legitimate additives available.

I went to the Lc web site, it read the same on what it does in ur gas just like the 2 cycle oil with tcw3 at one oz to 5 gallons of gas. I would say both do the same thing, IMO.

Right, I was looking at the FP Plus. The dosages are:

FP Plus For Gas: 1 oz for every 10 gallons of gas added.
FP Plus for Diesel / BioDiesel: 1 oz for every 5 gallons of gas added
FP 60 for Gas and Diesel: 1 oz for every 5 gallons of diesel or gas added

The recommended MMO dosage is 4 oz for 10 gallons. If you go with the recommended dosages they are pretty close cost wise:

1 Quart of FP Plus will treat 320 Gallons of gas.

1 Quart of MMO will treat 80 Gallons of gas. So we need 4 quarts to treat 320 gallons of fuel.

Cost of MMO (Quart) at WM is $3.27 * 4 = $13.08

Cost of FP Plus (Quart) is $23.50

My mistake, MMO is still less expensive
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: webfors
Right, I was looking at the FP Plus. The dosages are:

FP Plus For Gas: 1 oz for every 10 gallons of gas added.
FP Plus for Diesel / BioDiesel: 1 oz for every 5 gallons of gas added
FP 60 for Gas and Diesel: 1 oz for every 5 gallons of diesel or gas added

The recommended MMO dosage is 4 oz for 10 gallons. If you go with the recommended dosages they are pretty close cost wise:

1 Quart of FP Plus will treat 320 Gallons of gas.

1 Quart of MMO will treat 80 Gallons of gas. So we need 4 quarts to treat 320 gallons of fuel.

Cost of MMO (Quart) at WM is $3.27 * 4 = $13.08

Cost of FP Plus (Quart) is $23.50

My mistake, MMO is still less expensive
grin.gif

far cheaper if you count shipping costs.

That said, I have used both and I "think" FP gave me better results. After a continuious gallon use of FP for about a year and about 12,000 miles plugs were clean and milage was excellent. However, I have not doen the same long term comparison with MMO, only ocassional use. Just hard to tell MMOs impact. BTW, I use top tier 93 octane fuel mostly Shell or Marathon now that Chevron moved out of KY.

Last edited:
The cost of FP60/LC20 is why I haven't tried it. That and the success I've had with MMO over the years is why I decided to pass.

Originally Posted By: FMC
Do any of the Auto Parts places carry FP Plus ? or is it mail order only?

Mail order only

The problem I had is I ordered 3 gallons of FP60 and 1 gallon of LC20.. used it.. liked it..

now it costs over 2x the price per useage.

its 50$/gallon right now.. and I dont need a gallon.

the 23.50qt with shipping is almost double the cost of the gallon.
so it makes me feel ripped off.

if they offered the Quart with free shipping I would order again.
but 30$ for a quart.. (even if it treats twice as much)
when I used to pay 30$ for a gallon....

Thought I would chime in. Let me first say LCD is not involved with any 'secrets' or whatever is being discussed about Terry Dyson. Terry tested our products and liked them because they worked and he recommended them to his customers. Terry did a lot of good work for many people and helped people better understand their UOA and their engines.

The cost of LC and FP is certainly not a rip off for the benefits gained and keep in mind the ratio is much lower than a typical cleaner off the shelf at you local autoparts store.

LC and FP work much differently than most cleaners that are made up of 99% kerosene. We don't believe in treating symptoms like shock treatments do, but avoiding problems altogether by keeping your engine clean.

I'll make an effort to be around here more.

Thanks to everyone who has supported our company through the years.

Remember we have a 10% off coupon code right now! Enter in 80795 into the shopping cart coupon box.

Last edited:
I have purchased 5 gallons(of fp60) I feel your product is good.

however I'd be paying as much for a qt shipped(fp plus) as I used to pay for a gallon of fp60.

Was all I meant.. not that I felt "ripped off" for buying it.

If it was 25% off or free shipping I'd buy some right now.

Last edited:
I was waiting for a promotion to buy another gallon fo FP Plus. I got the 10% off email from LCD today and just placed my order. Thanks Jeff.

There's a paper on LCD's site written by Molakule which states:

"FP60 supplies extra energy to increase fuel mileage, while at the same time, cleaning the fuel system and combustion chamber of deposits, and supplying lubricants to lubricate fuel pumps and injectors."

Good enough for me. FP Plus is the latest version of that product.

The 10% off pretty much pays for the shipping if you order $130 worth of product. A gallon of FP Plus would be enough for my two cars for well over a year. I'm interested for sure, but it's a lot of dough
grin.gif

I don't buy a lot of products because I have nowhere to keep them. No garage. No carport. No room under the porch, even. Got all my spare parts from the Torino wagon under there. And I don't dare keep pretty bottles of fluids in the house because of the kids. My trunk is full of tools and spare parts, and my bedroom closet is full of Christmas presents at the moment!

But springtime, I'm hoping to have $400 and some free time and I'll get one of those cheap little $299 8x10 Arrow metal building kits from Home Depot/Lowe's/Northern Tool/wherever. Set that up with a simple 3/4" plywood floor on a treated 4"x4" skeleton frame and put some cheap plastic shelves inside. Then I can put all my car parts away, buy a rolling tool cart to hold all my tools except for a basic set in my "junkyarder's bag", get my oil collection started, pick up the cleaning supplies and additives and filters and all that, and know it'll be in there when I need it. That and my car will weight about 300 pounds lighter without all that stuff in there.

I've done business with Terry Dyson over a year, and his personal and work ethics are impressive. If he hadn't performed well, I would have stopped using his services. It's easy to attack a man who is no longer here.

BITOG members often complain his rates are too high, but none of these people have compared his rates to other professional tribologists -- just to mass market services like Blackstone. Terry has uniquely bridged the gap between these two worlds in a way that no one else has. Other tribologists wouldn't agree to the rate cut.

Everywhere in life there are haters. We just need to ignore them and not feed the hate. My hippy-vibe-o-meter tells me Terry is a good guy. Not scientific, but it's been amazingly accurate these past 30+ years. Too bad he's not around anymore, I'd trade him for 10000 undercover product shills any day.

To be honest, and off topic, I was shocked to read there are undercover paid promoters on this site. Just read the thread yesterday. Which now that it's out in the open, shouldn't be so shocking. I suppose I'm naive and reminds me of the depths to which people will sink and how cheaply integrity can be bought nowadays.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm considering FP. Just need to figure out when to order it to coincide with a visit to the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back