is LS additive in gear oil in ATV diffs or gearbox harmful?

I am gearing up on getting fluids for my new Can-Am Outlander XT700. Engine oil, have that covered, but curious about front differential, rear differential and the gearbox/transmission.

The front and rear diffs call for 75W-90. I intend upon buying some Mobil 1 75W-90 LS for my GM trucks. Will the LS fortified gear oil in this use case be bad?

Same question for the 75W-140 needed in the gearbox? Below are manual pics.

1712445949435.jpg

1712445958927.jpg

1712445969489.jpg

Also an un-related question, but related, my JD 1025R mower gearbox takes 75W-90. This is just two angle gears touching/meshing. The LS additive isn't gonna matter whatsoever in there... right?

The LS additives are friction modifiers that act only on wet clutches to reduce stick/slip chattering of LS clutches. They have no meaningful effect on the metallic components.

I don't see any clutches in this gearbox. Strange that they recommend a 140wt for the gearbox.
1712455229389.jpg

The LS additives are friction modifiers that act only on wet clutches to reduce stick/slip chattering of LS clutches. They have no meaningful effect on the metallic components.

I don't see any clutches in this gearbox. Strange that they recommend a 140wt for the gearbox.
View attachment 212743
Thank you. Great reassurance.

As in most ATV's, this looks like a locked diff with no need for any LS additive. Just need a good gear oil to protect the ring and pinion.
@Overfill called it right. 😀
Cool. I didn’t think the LS additive would hurt but just wanted some additional reassurance. Makes it easy to have one gear oil on hand.

Plus with the tiny quantity the atvs take and the potential for contamination with an atv. You’re usually changing more often for peace of mind over actual fluid wear out.

Thank you!

Back