Is it true SnapON is making Eagle Grips?

Wouldn't be surprised as Snap-on was buying from Malco. Hopefully they won't make it a Snap-on exclusive & market them as Williams &/or Bacho as well.

Most of my Peterson Vise Grips are heavily worn, But still better than other brands I've tried. (Haven't bought any of the new ones from the old Perterson Dewitt plant)
Snap-on has the capital & the know how to run this plant!

I just noticed they SO, came out with needle nose locking pliers, something Malco never released.
I also notice that SO has some adjustable wrenches that are USA made, where are they sourcing those?
I thought it was the EOL for USA made, when Western Forge closed....

I just noticed they SO, came out with needle nose locking pliers, something Malco never released.
I also notice that SO has some adjustable wrenches that are USA made, where are they sourcing those?
Are the SO needle nose US made like the eagle
Grips?

Seemed to me that I saw Irwin Chinese ones and some that were from Spain.

And why is an 8" all-sixteenths $101??? (which seems incredibly expensive for an 8")

But a 10" locking needle nose LP10LN is $41? (which seems really cheap)

I'm not complaining about the seemingly low price -- it just feels like Mexico is next to Gaza and I'm a little cunfuzed

They have bought enough machinery to produce the Eagle Grips after Malco to me quit early after making the finest locking pliers I have ever used and doing one of the worst marketing jobs in tool history. Snap-on have restarted US made adjustable wrench's after Western Forge went away and APEX ended US production. A lot of government contracts has US made in them as a priority so it makes sense for them plus even at double the cost of the same Eagle Grips S-O was still selling them so once again it makes a lot on sense for them.

Back