Is it time to mandate unaltered stock exhaust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShop
Originally Posted By: gman2304
Has the sound of loud pipes ever gotten your attention and made you turn and look for the source?

Yes... and the source beat me off the line but thats the last time I went looking for trouble on my 2HP Air Bike...

2048931839_570ed0c514.jpg

Is that engine from a quarter scale?

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
It is not "Harley bashing". It is the fact that MOST noiseboxes are Harleys!

True because most motorcycles on the road over 600cc are Harleys. More Harleys on the road then ALL other makers combined.
Harley sells more motorcycles in the USA over 600 cc, EVERY YEAR (so far) then all other companies combined.
BUt, you will find your fair share of others with non muffled exhaust, just not as many of them, because there are so few on the road, compared to Harley.
Big thing lately is the ear splitting crack of sport bikes.

Bottom line, stop looking to Washington to fix things and insist your local public servants enforce the law.
Have you not noticed, the people you elect to office are not doing their job, what about Washington too? Are they doing their job? It amazes me that people look to Washington to fix things, when the people who elect them there are brain dead, here is the proof.
Ps, said my peace ... here is the intelligence of the average voter .. Click here for proof

This isnt Washgingtons fault, its the voters who put them there fault. We have laws coming out of our a** , all mean nothing because everything now a days is a fairy tale, including the economy and the proof is the above link.
So lets stop the [censored], insist your laws are enforced, no excuses, anything else is just lazy.
Mickey D sells a lot of burgers, but I've had better.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Is that engine from a quarter scale?

The engine is from a WeedEater that I modified for a 1/4 scale... I mounted on my bike
just to test thrust... I found at 8,000 rpms it produced 12 lbs thrust... I never found
time to build a 1/4 balsa P51 but I did buy an 1/4 electric foamy P51D and modified it into a P51C Razor Back...

Once more: I do not object that much to loud exhaust. I object to unmuffled open pipes at two in the morning!

You know, if you said this 9 pages ago, I think most people would have agreed. Bikes running open or nearly open pipes do discredit the bike community. Heck, same thing in the 60s and 70s with cars. No place for open pipes except a race track, no matter the vehicle.
In fact in regards to another post in here, if not done right, most will lose power, not gain power.

Said it on the first page, actually...post #3743577, 5/29, 5:33am, and again two posts later.

Nope, I cant find it, no big deal, I DO agree about running open pipes and that goes for any vechicle not just bikes. ...

I copied the post, cant see you ref about open pipes except the one I replied too...

#3743564 - 05/29/15 04:55 AM Re: Is it time? [Re: bvance554]

Yes: it blasted me out of a soundsleep at 1:56am!

[/quote] Mickey D sells a lot of burgers, but I've had better. [/quote]

Mickey D doesnt sell more burgers then all other burger places combined. :eek:)

Im not saying there isnt better, I dont think that can be said about any vehicle, we all have preferences. Im just stating a fact that more people choose to buy Harley then all other makers combined in the USA over 600cc. Facts are facts.

Last edited:
Mickey D sells a lot of burgers, but I've had better. [/quote]

Mickey D doesnt sell more burgers then all other burger places combined. :eek:)

Im not saying there isnt better, I dont think that can be said about any vehicle, we all have preferences. Im just stating a fact that more people choose to buy Harley then all other makers combined in the USA over 600cc. Facts are facts. [/quote]

Alarmguy I have to commend you on the way you carry on conversations when people try to bate you.

Although I've never met you I can say your a true internet friend.

Again, Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back