Is it time for Ford to give up on MyFord Touch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TallPaul
What ever it is, get rid of it. Get rid of the touch screen and power windows too. Get rid of the fancy climate control and bring back the simple three dial, fan, temp, and output selector. Too much complicated stuff in modern cars that distract from driving.

I hear ya! Simple, mechanical HVAC controls are the way to go. But I'll keep my power windows though
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Spector
I have the Sync in a 12 Lincoln, took a very long time to feel comfortable with it, actually do have the voice commands profiled and set up but I rarely use them as touching the screen is faster and simpler, it just does not understand what commands I am saying. navigation system has a disclaimer that one must hit the "I Accept" touchscreen every time it is used, dealer says no way around it and very annoying.

Hate to see what it will cost to repair some day

Note there are sometimes "hacks" available that may alter this behavior. I got a NAV disc for my car that removed a few dorky things and made the system more functional with no downside.

OTOH, we have (had) several Fords in the family lately and the Infotainment systems are generally clunky and unresponsive. Once my FIL's Lincoln system locked up with the radio on and simply would not turn off! No one could explain why, had to disconnect the battery to shut it up.

Ludicrous interface, more complex does not mean better!

As much as I am a Ford guy, getting in bed with Microsoft was the worst decision they ever made. Windows (what Sync and My FordTouch run on) has never been a reliable or good operating system and the fact that they are having many of these issues is a testament to that fact. I mean, really, scheduled reboots of your cars computer? Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired!

That being said, I do like the Sync system in my Taurus. You can tell its a Microsoft product though. It's the older one and it works well. I make use of the voice prompts a bit and for the most part they work well. I love that I can program the nav by voice while driving as it is not distracting at all to do it that way.

So, no they shouldnt abandon MFT, just abandon Microsoft!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back