iPod Touch Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids seem to be breaking iPod touches. Home button and on/off button get stuck. Tried compressed air. Also, screens get cracks. I wouldn't mind trying to repair, anyone had a go at one?

If the home button is messed up you can get an app that has the home button as a button on the touch screen, had to do it on my touch. Didn't think I would like it, but I love it! There is also a way to calibrate the home button, made mine work better for a year before it gave out.

my sister had her son's ipod touch cracked screen repair, she was charged 90 bucks to get a new screen.

I have replaced screens on iphones in less than 30 minutes. The parts can even be had on Amazon. Pretty cheap for no-name stuff.

I've paid $100 to have one replaced and i've also attempted to replace a screen myself. It didn't work after i tried. If i could do it again i'm confident i could replace the screen. So just a word of caution. Its not hard but the parts are small and delicate.

What gen, and what size? Used ones go for pretty cheap on CL, pawn shops, or refurbs from Apple. I would never spend $90-100 for repair on a used ipod touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back