iphone 4s battery fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo...just when i thought i had settled on my upgrade to an iphone 4s (from BB pearl), the battery fiasco started....then waited until Apple released the IOS 5.0.1 which was supposed to fix the problem...

And it seems that didn't fix anything...actually for most users posting on apple forums, it got worse....

but 2 friends of mine have the 4s, and neither has any battery problems...

I really don't know what to do....I guess I can always get it and see if i am one of the lucky unaffected ones, and if i am not, just return it within return period to VZW...

I am NOT turning off a bunch of features to improve battery life - if that's the case I don't have to pay for those features (esp. when they are kinda basic) in the 1st place...

http://blogs.computerworld.com/19252/apple_iphone_4s_ios_5_0_1_battery_life_fix_fail?ub

It seems to be hardware unit specific. you can try to ask for a replacement and see if you get lucky.

Last edited:
Its a strange issue since I also got the 4s and two 8gb iphone 4 2 weeks ago and neither do not have any battery issues. If you do experience it, you have 30 days to return it.

some people think it's a problem with contacts clashing between iCloud & the local phone, the process repeats many times per second.

I suggest skipping iCloud sync'ing until they nail this one down but not skipping the phone itself if you really want one.

My wife has no issues with her 32GB 4S but she doesn't use iCloud and she syncs nothing. She makes phone calls with it. Fancy that?!! She also plays Angry Birds and some silly touchscreen game which you can have a cat repeat back everything you say at high pitch. And if you rub its belly it purrs. And if you shake the phone it gets dizzy and almost falls down. And...and...it's really annoying.

I only wish her battery didn't last so long.

OTOH, you have my Blackberry Curve 8530, which needs the battery swapped out daily. The charging port doesn't work. I have a charger on my desk plugged into a USB port on my computer. When the battery gauge goes red, I swap batteries and wait 3 to 4 minutes for the phone to restart.

i also don't plan to use i-cloud and sync, etc., and I don't play games on phones or watch videos, unless it's something very urgent, which never happens.... so i have some hope...

All i want is call, text, try facetime once in a while, take SOME pics, use Siri once in a while for texting/emailing, itunes to listen to music, and basic alarm and calender functions, and SOME browing - i don't like doing that on a phone, again i only want to do it in an 'emergency'

... I don't need a bunch of fancy widgets/apps.

that cat-thing sounds annoying, yes.....
...but makes me curious
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
yeah I am sure droids have great battery life

Not even close. My Droid 2 wouldn't even last a day on stock battery with very little actual calling and data use. I had to get an extended battery which made the already chunky phone even thicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back