IOS7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works OK, nothing earth shattering IMHO but somewhat different. I actually think I don't like the more garish colors.

It took a couple of tries to download it last night as the servers seemed overwhelmed. It might be better today or in a couple more days.

I did the whole update last night in about 15 minutes. But then again I was using a hardline internet and not through wi-fi.

I like it once I got used to it. Not a fan of the grey tones, I would much prefer it to go back to black like I have Windows set up for.

It screwed up my wallpaper, almost like it assumed I had an iPhail 5.

I updated yesterday. Took 2 tries and 2 or so hours. I dig some on the new features but the overly loud icons and signal meter makes it feel like I'm using a teenage girls phone.

I'm not sure I like it a lot right now, the wallpaper has an effect on the icon colors and menu bars and I'm not crazy about the new colors and wallpapers so far.

It's nowhere near as awful as W8, but much like W8 it needs a "classic view" option.

I have a 4s so not all the new stuff works on it.

I went up to iOS 7 on my own device when GM was released on the 10th. Have been running it since then and it isn't too bad.

I'm shocked how well it does run on my iPhone 4.

Originally Posted By: 97f150
I updated yesterday. Took 2 tries and 2 or so hours. I dig some on the new features but the overly loud icons and signal meter makes it feel like I'm using a teenage girls phone.

You kinda are :p

Originally Posted By: SLCraig

Then so be it lol. At least it can operate seamlessly without crashing and taking out all of my contact info in the process :p

I was finally able to upgrade last night after first trying at 2pm and getting an error message, I kept trying like 20x every hour, finally getting it to install around 8pm or so.

I like pretty much all the new features, its the funky colors that are bugging me.

Previously, the colors used to look sophisticated and "adult" looking, if you will. Now they look like a 14 year old girl designed it from a box of crayons, as the color options and the phone and messages icon colors was the best GREEN she could find...
33.gif

Even something as simple as the settings menu, which used to look nice with different layers and colors, now looks plain as can be, without any graphics.

I guess it will take some getting used too, as with everything NEW. It will have to grow on me...

I still can't help but think that iOS 7 was designed more for the iphone 5S, with the faster processor. Some of the new features just seem to lag and take 0.001 of a second too long to load / respond. Seems like the old iOS worked faster. Maybe it's just me though.

I hope Apple changes the colors a bit in the upcoming updates as the current setup is too fruity looking for my taste, as a MAN!

Originally Posted By: SLCraig

Then so be it lol. At least it can operate seamlessly without crashing and taking out all of my contact info in the process :p

Yea I first backed up my phone (haven't done so in a while anyway) prior to doing the update, just in case something went wrong and crashed, deleting all my data in the process. Everything went well though, so I'm happy.

Im still running 5.1.3, IIRC. Wife went to 6, but I use maps way too much. Im not the biggest fan of google maps, because they can be inaccurate too, but couldnt take the risk since I use my phone as GPS a LOT.

A friend at work just upgraded last night though... Doesnt like it. Mainly from a feel and color/icon perspective. I havent looked that hard, but it doesnt really bother me.

Someday Ill upgrade OS.

Downloaded on my iPad this morning. Will wait until I get used to it before I download to my iPhone5..

One question though. What does "Control Center" do. The only thing in there is "Access on Lock Screen" and "Access Within Apps". Don't notice any changes when I switch the mom or off.

I hope you weren't driving around while doing the update.
lol.gif

Last edited:
First I thought
Finally it makes sense you can see your running applications quickly with preview and thumb through them quickly by clicking home. Before it was a major pain.

Another peeve corrected for me fixed. In Messages you could never access the related contact directly to call them. Now you click 'Contact' and voila you can call them, FaceTime or access there contact record.

Still cannot find the weather by pulling down.

The photo's is now actually a decent organization of time, place instead of just order. Seriously odd they never put more than 10 minutes of effort into that applicaiton.

This was in first five minutes of using new iOs7 I found those gems.

If you are having lag/slowness issues with IOS7, perform a hard reboot.
Hold the power and home key for 10 seconds.
Let go of home key but keep power key pressed for 8 more seconds.
The phone/ipad will turn off.
Wait about 10 seconds and power back up, problem will be fixed.

Cheers.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver

I hope you weren't driving around while doing the update.
lol.gif

I tried but needed wifi to update and couldn't hold a wifi network for long enough while driving lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back